World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi lads,
posting for a mate who is looking to store a 18 footer on the west coast of jockland, he is looking for storing his boat around the sunart area, anyone got adresses contacts etc preferrably secured, covered but not essential, slip close vasinity. advise welcomed.
cheers

·
Registered
477 Posts
I suspect he'll struggle to find anywhere that meets those needs :(

Could maybe try Resipole Farm, they run the well know camping / caravanning site right on the shores of Sunart http://www.resipole.co.uk/ as they are a farm I suspect they may have some space, but whether they would do it or not I've no idea.

Could also speak to Andy Jackson at Ardnamurchan Charters obviously he knows the area well, but as part of his business is hiring out boats he may not wish to encourage boat storage. Being the nice chap he is though I suspect he might well try and help. http://www.west-scotland-marine.com/Contact.html

Could also try speaking to Marine Harvest, they have fish farm sites on the Loch, at least one of which is not operating. Big sheds, convenient slip etc, if approached nicely they may allow something of the sort - though I doubt it :) But miracles have happened.

Other than that I would be tempted to contact the local estates, possibly Laudale, details from who owns Scotland http://www.whoownsscotland.org.uk:
Estate: Laudale

Grid Reference NM 760580

Acreage 12816

County Argyll

OS 1:50k Sheet 49 Oban & East Mull

Owner Trustees of Keith Falconer 1993 Trust

Owner Address Braehead House
Braehead Drive
Barnton
EDINBURGH
EH4 6QW

Property Address Laudale House
Ardgour
FORT WILLIAM
PH33 7AF
If I think of anything else I'll let you know :)

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
might be a long shot but try the west ardnamurchan sailing /regatta club in Kilchoan. they don't have any secure storage as such other than the slip and the land around the club house, but I bet they know someone who might. For What its worth, as far as security goes, its pretty good up there as it is. I leave my other boat up there for several weeks in the summer between trips, don't even bother pulling the electronics off it and never had a sniff of bother

faling that, your best bet would be the marina in tobermory

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
i would doubt harvest marine will help due to the numpty who was allowed to launch his small boat and tripped and broke his ankle while doing so. he sued them because they didn't fill the pothole or warn him.
since then their company policy is no to members of the public. :-(

·
Banned
820 Posts
Hi lads,
posting for a mate who is looking to store a 18 footer on the west coast of jockland, he is looking for storing his boat around the sunart area, anyone got adresses contacts etc preferrably secured, covered but not essential, slip close vasinity. advise welcomed.
cheers
Hi I might have a contact for you on Sunart at Salen. PM me for the tel number.

·
Captain Chaos!
3,694 Posts
Hi lads,
cheers

Could you calrify...just WHERE is JOCKLAND, is that near where they hung the monkey ??????

·
Banned
820 Posts
Hi lads,
cheers
Hi from Jockland Paul I got your PM. I'll get in touch with my contact at Salen and let them know to expect a call from you.

I wan't them to get an interpreter in so they can be sure what's being said from a caller with a strange north east England accent.:) :blink: :idea:

I'll Pm you back asap.:):)

Be prepared for a long call. Have a seat handy and a cup of tea or emergency rations. My mate at Salen can talk!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts