World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning Lads,

I am after some of your knowledge and advice again! LOL

I have sold my old ricketey boat trailer that my Microplus is sitting on ( Until tomorrow) as I was just not happy and content with it, so now I have my beady eye on something else.

It is a galvanized caravan chassis of 18.8ft long, 6ft 10 Inches Wide (5ft 10 Inches between the wheels) and is rated to 1400 KGS.

I know that I will have to put the rollers and winch post on it if I get it, but it is braked, good suspension, goods electrics.

Is is a viable option? Will it suitable?

It's only £60 and in EXCELLENT condition!!!!!

Thanks guys.

Rich

G

·
It is likely to cost you nearly as much as what you paid for the boat to get it up together. Then when you put it al together you need to have provision for adjusting the whinch post to get the weight distribution right.

Good luck, it's a doable job, but a bigger one than you may realise.

·
Registered
8,984 Posts
[
QUOTE=roarscarymonster;624728]Here's the pic of the trailer[/QUOTED

Done one,was not to much of a problem,very handy if you are able to weld o/k
centre rail get it cut to size and make sure the rollers are positioned correctly + the axle in correct position. best of luck

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
shame you dont live in aberdeenshire saw 4 trailers in our scot ads free ads paper today all under £300 one at /£120

p.s any chance of the name of the caravan breaker as im looking at a van conversion
thanks, :)

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
I just bought 4 twin rollers from indespension £145 the lot if that helps price up the job a bit :)

AL ..

·
Registered
513 Posts
The easy answer is just tally up all that you require, as in winch, keel rollers, bunks or side rollers, unless you are very handy, I would forget trying to make a swinging cradle for it, and as soon as you toch it with a welder thats your galvanizing gone, you will soon see that 400 to 500 for a decent second hand trailer will be worth it, and definately a more usable trailer.
In fact I dont think you will even need a braked trailer to carry a micro plus, you are allowed a total of 750Kg unbraked.
looks like it would make a handy car trailer though, without much expence.
Rgds TB.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.