World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you guys use an electric winch for retrailering you boat? I have a Sea Eagle 166 and last year I modernised my trailer slightly to accomodate an electric winch for that very purpose. Works a dream! I launch and retrieve mainly at Port Eynon beach on the Gower, beach the boat on a falling tide, unhitch the trailer, line up with the boat, attach cable and winch away, no bad backs! This season I have modernised even further and am now able to launch by winching the boat off the trailer as well, via a series of pullies. This means no pushing the boat on the trailer until it floats off! Can now launch and retrieve on my own on a beach, FABULOUS! Looking forward to a very fishy summer! I do have some pictures of the pullies etc. but don't know how to attach them as yet. When I figure it out I will post them.

C

·
0 Posts
I bought one last year but never got around to fitting it. The boat is to be moored shortly so wont need it now. If anyone is after one it will be on the classifieds as soon as I can get some piccies.

A

·
0 Posts
Any of you guys use an electric winch for retrailering you boat? I have a Sea Eagle 166 and last year I modernised my trailer slightly to accomodate an electric winch for that very purpose. Works a dream! I launch and retrieve mainly at Port Eynon beach on the Gower, beach the boat on a falling tide, unhitch the trailer, line up with the boat, attach cable and winch away, no bad backs! This season I have modernised even further and am now able to launch by winching the boat off the trailer as well, via a series of pullies. This means no pushing the boat on the trailer until it floats off! Can now launch and retrieve on my own on a beach, FABULOUS! Looking forward to a very fishy summer! I do have some pictures of the pullies etc. but don't know how to attach them as yet. When I figure it out I will post them.

I'd be interested in seeing your pulley arrangement I was only thinking today about how to get the boat on and off the trailer on my own!

Ubd

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A

·
0 Posts
That looks like it'd work, i'm building my trailer from scratch, and the winch will be bolted to the tow vehicle, (tow hitch on the front too) so i'll incorporate some of you idea's into my trailer design, and keep you posted

many thanks

Ubd

1 - 6 of 6 Posts