World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spent four hours feeding crabs just north of the boating pool last night.
Sea had a bit of a chop on it,fine night but not much wind.
Perfect rigs,excellent bait........fished like a trooper for the grand total of two flounders & a ROCKLING!
The sea bed must have been crawling with crabs,'cos within seconds of the bait hitting bottom you could see them picking at it.
Sorry I couldn't report any improvement in the fishing.......very few rods out...........perhaps the word has gotten round just how poor it is just now.
Please,Please let the doggies turn up soon,then at least we'll have summat to chuck our bait at.
Contemplating maggot drowning now:crazy:

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Spent four hours feeding crabs just north of the boating pool last night.
Sea had a bit of a chop on it,fine night but not much wind.
Perfect rigs,excellent bait........fished like a trooper for the grand total of two flounders & a ROCKLING!
The sea bed must have been crawling with crabs,'cos within seconds of the bait hitting bottom you could see them picking at it.
Sorry I couldn't report any improvement in the fishing.......very few rods out...........perhaps the word has gotten round just how poor it is just now.
Please,Please let the doggies turn up soon,then at least we'll have summat to chuck our bait at.
Contemplating maggot drowning now:crazy:

no how you feel phil not been nicknamed the grimm wall for nothing :unsure::unsure:

as to maggot drowning .................been doing that for a couple of weeks now ,

at least it puts a bend in your rod :):)

tightlines....................daz

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
well done phil thats 2 flounder and a rockling more than has been coming out for weeks now.......:victory:

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
a fish ( nay 3 fish ) at the gynn , well done phil :showoff:

you say your thinking of going maggot drowning ,, diddn't know you enjoyed swimming :kissing:

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
a fish ( nay 3 fish ) at the gynn , well done phil :showoff:

you say your thinking of going maggot drowning ,, diddn't know you enjoyed swimming :kissing:

All that walking aint dampened your sense of humour then David:crazy:

·
Registered
457 Posts
........... well done Phil, that's three more than I managed to bring ashore around the coast from you ..... but you'll be exceptionally jealous of my sea-weed collection nowadays.... not to mention the plastic bag haul with fighting tendencies!
Tight lines
Billy:)

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
when i met pistol pete in the week,he showed me his bait needle, you all need to see this,it allows you to cram as many worms on the hook as will fit.(not talking about along the hook) as well as any fish bait to make a cocktail and tie it up into a little tube of bait with elastic,the older and snottier the lug is the better, its hard to explain in writing but easy to make out of an old bait needle,and when you see it,and what it does, i bet you make one.
its a cracking way of using up your old snotty bait,and making your bait big enough that its not eaten by crabs within the first 5 mins of hitting the water.
when he was showing me he put on ,2 lug 3 rag 1 sandeel and a bit of squid and tied it into a thumb sized bait witth the hook standing well out . cracking easy idea

·
Registered
457 Posts
when i met pistol pete in the week,he showed me his bait needle, you all need to see this,it allows you to cram as many worms on the hook as will fit.(not talking about along the hook) as well as any fish bait to make a cocktail and tie it up into a little tube of bait with elastic,the older and snottier the lug is the better, its hard to explain in writing but easy to make out of an old bait needle,and when you see it,and what it does, i bet you make one.
its a cracking way of using up your old snotty bait,and making your bait big enough that its not eaten by crabs within the first 5 mins of hitting the water.
when he was showing me he put on ,2 lug 3 rag 1 sandeel and a bit of squid and tied it into a thumb sized bait witth the hook standing well out . cracking easy idea
............. you clearly spent too long watching Blue Peter.......... sounds a great idea but I wanna see one first!!

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
............. you clearly spent too long watching Blue Peter.......... sounds a great idea but I wanna see one first!!

yes you will need ;- 1 bait needle 1 washing up bottle, and 1 roll of sticky back plastic.
first take the bait needle,bend it to shape with a pair of long nose pliers then throw the bottle and plastic away its easy

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
These are the culprits from Friday night...........sorry it's out of focus!

Very pale anaemic looking crabs............

Anyone know what they are?
Very small, but they could demolish a sandeel in no time.

·
Registered
457 Posts
.............. is it not a velvet swimming crab Phil a.k.a. Fiddler Crab ........ don't they have the swimming blade on their legs?:unsure:

Greedy little blighters eh!

www.ukdivers.net/life/uklife.htm

Maybe a source of bait?

And Billy B. .... have I been saving up "Breakfast Cereal" packets and sticky backed plastic for no reason?

Tight lines lads

·
Registered
1,487 Posts

And Billy B. .... have I been saving up "Breakfast Cereal" packets and sticky backed plastic for no reason?

Tight lines lads
not true you can utilise them by a /bending an old bait needle into shape b/ covering the said needle in sticky back plastic so you dont lose it, and c / use your cornflake box to make a sexy little presentation box if you decide to give them to friends and family as christmas gifts.
ok where is my medication

1 - 14 of 14 Posts