World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Im reading quite a few items that piers and tackle shops are not open due to this virus that is hitting us all in one way or another Obviously sea Angling is not in any way to be described as a must do part of life and after reading a report about some absolute idiots at dungie driving down the private lane and thinking they are above the rules that we all have to abide by at this present time how long this is going to go on is anybody's guess I hear a lot of the piers in the country are closed and the tackle shops This is where my main point is A lot of tackle shops are one or two people operations and even before the virus took over our lives where struggling to get by Now with piers boats I would imagine but as I dont boat fish Im not sure of there status As angling is only considered a hobby or sport by some these small tackle shops are going to find it really hard to close for maybe weeks or months how many will be able to start up sgain And before someone has a go at me I know angling is not a great consideration compared to many other firms and shops that are going to suffer will they ever be able to open again I hope so but like a lot of small shops in this difficult time fear for them

WSF Primary Administrator.
Im reading quite a few items that piers and tackle shops are not open due to this virus that is hitting us all in one way or another Obviously sea Angling is not in any way to be described as a must do part of life and after reading a report about some absolute idiots at dungie driving down the private lane and thinking they are above the rules that we all have to abide by at this present time how long this is going to go on is anybody's guess I hear a lot of the piers in the country are closed and the tackle shops This is where my main point is A lot of tackle shops are one or two people operations and even before the virus took over our lives where struggling to get by Now with piers boats I would imagine but as I dont boat fish Im not sure of there status As angling is only considered a hobby or sport by some these small tackle shops are going to find it really hard to close for maybe weeks or months how many will be able to start up sgain And before someone has a go at me I know angling is not a great consideration compared to many other firms and shops that are going to suffer will they ever be able to open again I hope so but like a lot of small shops in this difficult time fear for them
As we know, angling is now off limits due to the government's instructions.
Obviously this will affect the tackle shops etc.
They will be able to seek advice and hopefully get some of the help announced by the government for small businesses.

Registered
I think you will find all marinas, harbours etc are either closed or off limits.

I cannot go and check my boat, run the engine up, flush her out, clean her up as it is non essential travelling and a non essential activity. If it sinks I will be notified no doubt but not sure the insurance will pay out if I cannot/have not maintained the vessel.

Those with any sense will stay away until we get the all clear, others............................. well they will do what they want as always.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Yep had a feeling that all angling of any form would be hit hard You do have my deepest condolences for what may happen to your boat I know people come first and we all have to try our best to get through this and hope to hell that the medical personnel that are taking the brunt of this virus can come up with a solution before it gets much worse We are very lucky in this country to have some of the best medical brains in the world I can imagine that insurance companies will do what they always do and find anyway to not payout they normally do which is not what you want to hear This really is a bad bad time for us all and my heart goes out to anyone who has lost someone It puts angling into perspective lets all hope that something comes up soon best wishes to you mate hope insurance does pay out should the worst happen

Registered
I think you will find all marinas, harbours etc are either closed or off limits.

I cannot go and check my boat, run the engine up, flush her out, clean her up as it is non essential travelling and a non essential activity. If it sinks I will be notified no doubt but not sure the insurance will pay out if I cannot/have not maintained the vessel.

Those with any sense will stay away until we get the all clear, others............................. well they will do what they want as always.
Mine is stuck on the hard Reg. I only took it out for a quick spruce up, service but didn鈥檛 get it back in before lock down. Am pleased it is out of the water for reasons you state but will likely have similar issues with insurance if vandalized in boat park...

Registered

:) I would hope/expect Reg that if you asked or if there was the likely hood of a potential problem it would either be accepted or a Nelsonian eye turned as it could be even more dangerous to neglect a boat than give it lifesaving surgery. ;)

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
For all folk who have boats I hope that insurance companies will take into consideration what is happening at the moment but my understanding of insurance companies through working with motorbikes many years ago is they will do anything they can to not pay out as we use to call it sn act of god fpr insurance companies to use sorry to be bringing bad news but there will be people making a fortune out of others misery but isn't that the way of the world im afraid

Registered
For all folk who have boats I hope that insurance companies will take into consideration what is happening at the moment but my understanding of insurance companies through working with motorbikes many years ago is they will do anything they can to not pay out as we use to call it sn act of god fpr insurance companies to use sorry to be bringing bad news but there will be people making a fortune out of others misery but isn't that the way of the world im afraid
:( Same with boats I'm afraid. :(

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
It does as I stated in an earlier post seem a small thing angling compared to what the health services are going through and it is but surely insurance companies can give boats owners both commercial and private some consideration during these difficult Times Lets hope that the medical community can come up with something soon to combat this virus that is making so many people's lives a real real problem Your health is the most important thing you can have and it would be nice to see the angling community come together and help those who are working on the front line we are after all the biggest sport come hobby in the country how to do this im not sure but is there a way we can set up a fund or something to help those that will suffer the most in these difficult times any ideas welcome

1 - 9 of 9 Posts