World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys! I've always been told to ask the experts so - can anyone recommend a boat out of littlehampton for a bunch of novices? We're looking at the end of June start July, what might we expect to catch and what are the prices like? Ok so thats a lot to ask, but worth a go?!

Cheers :boat:

· Registered
602 Posts
Hi guys! I've always been told to ask the experts so - can anyone recommend a boat out of littlehampton for a bunch of novices? We're looking at the end of June start July, what might we expect to catch and what are the prices like? Ok so thats a lot to ask, but worth a go?!

Spirit of Arun, Neil French 01243 582299 or 07831 848561
you wont be dissapointed, dont know his prices but is poss the most successful boat out of Littlehampton, Give him a ring for prices and species expected
Gray

· Registered
2,699 Posts

The chances are if you are looking for a weekend booking, it will be a no go. Mid week and you stand a better chance. As for "is poss the most successful boat out of Littlehampton", probably the most expensive also. Look in the boat forum and search for littlehampton. I started a thread and in it somewhere is a post naming the boat and skipper I have been out with a few times. Skippers name is in fact "Dick". He charges £220 for the boat and you can fish at least 8 though we go out with 6. I think £220 is a good price. Others charge more. He also knows his stuff. As for species, virtually anything! Rays, tope (May/June), smoothounds, bream, mackeral, conger garfish etc etc.

Good luck!

· Registered
423 Posts
fished on spiritof arun twice,its a nice big boat ,but hes scared to get a bit of blood on it,both sessions were bad fishing,now i use a boat out of chichester,but i cant blame the skipper because the weather was bad on both occassions,anyway thats my opioun,

· Registered
665 Posts
Neil French would be the skipper to go with if you were set on catching Bass or if you wanted to go deep and fish the wrecks.

However if you want a good day out with a skipper who will be focussed on finding you fish and showing you what to do then look no further that Stevie Edwards on Shelley Ann.

Stevie comes from a lineage of sea farers and has a fantastic working knowledge of the inshore marks. You'll have an excellent teacher, you'll spend more time fishing and less time travelling and he'll find you some fish.

Good luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.