World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody up for a session of the rocks in Boddam on Friday night?

Low: 15:04 3.9ft
High: 21:31 9.5ft

Sunset: 21:41
Twilight: 22:41

·
Registered
824 Posts
If i get my new rod from ebay :) on friday i might bump into you dude as i will be fishing all day.:yeah:

Coarse fishing £7 at Pitford Lake in Mintlaw worth a try i got 5 carp my mate slack-liner got 9 carp all on float fishing 4lb main line, bait sweetcorn on a barbless size 16 hook :clap3:

·
The Podlie King
1,336 Posts
I might be up for it m8. How long you planning on fishing to?

·
The Podlie King
1,336 Posts
Definitely up for it. Just found out wife is off (o:

·
The Podlie King
1,336 Posts
co-incidentally I just bought a rod on ebay yesterday but I would not be using it at Boddam even if it came that quick.

Bought a Shakespeare Boat rod - accidentally bought a 30-50lb class but have asked the seller if its possible to swap for a 20-30 - will wait and see if he can do it but am hopeful.

Got an offer of a trip out from a boat in the Broch this summer from a fellow angler.
Also fancy taking it to Wales in Oct and getting on a charter (for the first time).

·
The Chosen One
4,518 Posts
cant make boddam but will be at my favourite turbot mark scotstoun on saturday fishing the flood 1600-------2200 any body fancies a visit come along

·
Registered
7,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
co-incidentally I just bought a rod on ebay yesterday but I would not be using it at Boddam even if it came that quick.

Bought a Shakespeare Boat rod - accidentally bought a 30-50lb class but have asked the seller if its possible to swap for a 20-30 - will wait and see if he can do it but am hopeful.

Got an offer of a trip out from a boat in the Broch this summer from a fellow angler.
Also fancy taking it to Wales in Oct and getting on a charter (for the first time).
You expecting some big podlies Brian ;)

·
The Podlie King
1,336 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Boddam sounds good for friday,what time and where is best to meet you guys?..can get some bait tomorrow hopefully it syays dry for fishing from rocks!......fished directly in front of lighthouse on sunday night and blanked also tried north breakwater nae luck there either!.

·
The Podlie King
1,336 Posts
Boddam sounds good for friday,what time and where is best to meet you guys?..can get some bait tomorrow hopefully it syays dry for fishing from rocks!......fished directly in front of lighthouse on sunday night and blanked also tried north breakwater nae luck there either!.
Well I am hoping to get there for about 5pm. Do you know where to go for that one?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Not sure exactly where to go brian,..on sunday just parked on road beside bridge to lighthouse!!should i park there again or is there somewhere better i can park?

·
The Podlie King
1,336 Posts
Yes defo - what to do is go past the main entrance to Boddam as if to head towards Aberdeen then turn down the Cadet Center road and look for a big house on your left part of the way down that road. It has a rough track in front of it that leads down to the old Earls Court hotel car park - this is where you go.
Wear good boots and bring your gear in a rucksack or something. Best bet is to have your rods tied easy to carry.

I will bring loads of mackeral so no need to any of that.

I will pm you my mobile number just in case.

Brian.

·
The Podlie King
1,336 Posts

·
The Podlie King
1,336 Posts
Well done:clap3: Cant wait to try new rod out. As all my other ones have eyes to fix.
Aye I woulndt mind a MK1 myself but they usually go for about 100-120 second hand.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Aye I woulndt mind a MK1 myself but they usually go for about 100-120 second hand.
Ave been looking for one for ages and saw 2 on ebay, got them both for £230.
There nice rods and have got fugi reel seats on them.
Went halfs with a mate of mine and are both itching to get out with them.
Probley get out for a couple of hours later.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts