World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gave Boddam a try last night, first time I have been there. Got there around 19:00, lovely looking mark as the sun was setting the water was flat calm, Perfect for a bit of pollack hunting with jellies I thought . Packed light took my 13ft beachcaster and slosh30 selection of jellies and a bit of bait just in case there was no action. Once I had set up had a few casts and DISASTER reel bird nested, quite a big one. Luckily Wooky turned up to save the day (thanks again mate) so decided that my setup was all wrong for jellies and turned to the bait, first cast, line was caught round the tip (without me knowing) and I threw an unattached lead, big chunk of bait and one of Mr Houltons fine rigs about 300 yards. Went back to the jellies and managed to get a good few casts in this time with no big problems except Kelp etc. Wooky managed to fill me in on some good local info, and he tried to teach me a new knot, which I have got the hang of now I think. Left the Mark around 22:00 no fish no bites and a lot less tackle than I came with but had a good night out the dog never ate anything he shouldn't have, and I learned a lot.

Cheers

Glad I went

·
The Chosen One
4,518 Posts
Gave Boddam a try last night, first time I have been there. Got there around 19:00, lovely looking mark as the sun was setting the water was flat calm, Perfect for a bit of pollack hunting with jellies I thought . Packed light took my 13ft beachcaster and slosh30 selection of jellies and a bit of bait just in case there was no action. Once I had set up had a few casts and DISASTER reel bird nested, quite a big one. Luckily Wooky turned up to save the day (thanks again mate) so decided that my setup was all wrong for jellies and turned to the bait, first cast, line was caught round the tip (without me knowing) and I threw an unattached lead, big chunk of bait and one of Mr Houltons fine rigs about 300 yards. Went back to the jellies and managed to get a good few casts in this time with no big problems except Kelp etc. Wooky managed to fill me in on some good local info, and he tried to teach me a new knot, which I have got the hang of now I think. Left the Mark around 22:00 no fish no bites and a lot less tackle than I came with but had a good night out the dog never ate anything he shouldn't have, and I learned a lot.

Cheers
where you down by the hotel thats a good mark its looks as if it should be full of pollack and wrasse better luck next time:clap3: :clap3: :clap3: :clap3: :clap3:

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah thats what Wooky told me too,
I went to the Lighthouse and fished the south facing bay

1 - 4 of 4 Posts