Registered
5,565 Posts
Two questions,

1) Can you fish off of it?

2) Is it any good?

looking to fish thursday night.

Nice short and sweet post

Cheers
You can fish off it but its very short - think you can fish at night ok but there is a nightclub at the start of the pier. Often read the club results in the paper that fish on there and it seems to be a pouting hotspot with the odd dogfish and eel.

·
Registered
460 Posts
You can fish off it but its very short - think you can fish at night ok but there is a nightclub at the start of the pier. Often read the club results in the paper that fish on there and it seems to be a pouting hotspot with the odd dogfish and eel.
Have you ever heard of any congers comming up on bognor pier, within the club results?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
guy at our pub said he has had a few small congers off the pier, but also was skeptical.

Will check to see if the night club is open on a thursday i have a feeling it is, arse.
Worthing pier at night?

·
Registered
5,565 Posts
guy at our pub said he has had a few small congers off the pier, but also was skeptical.

Will check to see if the night club is open on a thursday i have a feeling it is, arse.
Worthing pier at night?
Think Bognor Pier is still open even with club open. Worthing pier shuts at 9 ish.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well i have blanked everywhere so far, will have to try a night fish and somewhere new, might as well try it whats the worst that happens i blanks again?? well there would be a suprise.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Two questions,

1) Can you fish off of it?

2) Is it any good?

looking to fish thursday night.

Nice short and sweet post

Cheers
Last time i fished bognor pier was early last boxing day, i believe i had a bass hit which amounted to nothing but a bent hook, during the session a local resident came over and said that he fishes it all the time in the summer at night, during the week mainly as weekend clubbers can get a bit much.
He also informed me that pollock, pout, dogs, bass and even the odd ray makes an appearance, also he had landed a small conger from there.

It is only good on a high tide as the water receeds way past the pier on a low tide, but worth a go mate you may get lucky, fish at 45 degrees to the right at the end for better ground, also worth chuckin down a hand line too.
Good luck!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just looked on google maps http://maps.google.com/ and zoomed onto bognor pier, it has long jetty on the end of it. I don't remember that. Is that a recent addition or is this a really old sattellite image (if there is such a thing as an old one) can i get down on there?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I read post nine, but sattellite imagery wasn't about at the time H.A was talking about.....lol as it was it is just the pier itself i could see on the sattellite image.

The most wobbly pier i have even walked on, (last time i fished there was 19 years ago when i was 8) happily my brother and I got their early as it turned out there was the Bognor Angling Club's first pier competition of the year on. Adam and I had nabbed top spot on the end and regardless of what the old fella said we were staying. The pier was swarmed with about 20 rods in very close proximity. Man just down from us brought in a faily small flounder, pan sized though. An ok sized pollack further down the pier towards the beach was also brought in.
Me finally i broke my blanking spree with a poxy sized rockling, but i caught something. Getting up early to catch the early tide as i have bait to use and no work until midday.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts