World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever used Boilies for fishing in the sea. If so, what species would you expect to take them:crazy:

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
I've used them when boat fishing off Portland, pout just loved them. No -one else catching at the time.
I was using a mackerel strip on the hook and sliding alernate red and yellow boilies down the line, between 3 and 6, then clipping on the snood.
seemed very effective, may try them from the beach one day.

·
In A World Of His Own
2,954 Posts
what crietera would you have to justify taking boilies out to sea with you,as being a carp angler as well this seems like an expensive road to nowere as boiles are pretty inert bait a limited realease of smells and would fail to produce a scent trail but using them as bead like attractor or spinning well they might work but surely the beads and spinner most commenly used by sea anglers would be far better and i would not like the idea of using a baiting needle at sea dangerous things on the bank and if threading up the line surely you would be looking at some sort of loop in your hooklink why then would you dismantle you hooklink to rebait as with a convential hair rig the boilies will be below the hook cheers andy

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have used glugged monster crab, squid and octopus boilies before up the line . Didnt really make a difference just more hassle. I gave it up as a bad idea. Only tried it on the boat mind.

Jason

·
Registered
213 Posts
Not Used Boilies For Seafishing (iam Excarper) But I Use Enterprise Bread Flake For Mullett,great As It Doesnt Come Off!!!

·
Registered
462 Posts
the boile's wud not produce enuf of a scent trail in the sea also as its not sea fish regular food they wud prob swim over it wivout any scent not knowing what it was....boiles my opinion keep em for carp lol.

on the other hand i use ground bait in the river for the mullet, i use bread and trout pellets in the food blender works wonders :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts