World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,has anybody used booby beads??.Im thinking of using them with a
couple of lumi beads and a stop knot in front of a shad or above a pirk next time im wrecking as a added attractor.:unsure:

All the best
SD

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Hello,has anybody used booby beads??.Im thinking of using them with a
couple of lumi beads and a stop knot in front of a shad or above a pirk next time im wrecking as a added attractor.:unsure:

All the best
SD

don't no about the boat but i use said beads for bass and flatties off the shore as an extra attractant and they do work ,

wont no until you try is what i say matey

tightlines.........................daz

·
Registered
22 Posts
booby beads work wonders from the boat.

I have used them out of Poole, Dartmouth. plymouth and Exmouth and caught more than anglers either side of me who dont use them.

C

·
0 Posts
I used them exactly as you described SeaDonkey with Shads, Redgills and Jelly worms and they did not make a noticable difference. I will be trying again this year though.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
i use them on boat and beach and yes i think they do work well.

T

·
0 Posts
I am very much with Cascars.
For fishing a rubber lure, redgill style, over a wreck or reef forget it.

The lure is what is attracting the fish and they are homing in on the vibrations it sends out. Anything else (like a booby bead) will be alien and may even put the fish down (just like continued pirking can if anglers insist on "bouncing" the wreck).

However, Booby beads do seem to work well when drifting for plaice or fishing at anchor so there may well be a place for them in your tackle box.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Booby beads do seem to work well when drifting for plaice or fishing at anchor so there may well be a place for them in your tackle box.
Work well for smoothounds when using crab baits. Theory - the hound homes in on the noise thinking it could be a crab moving around.

Steve

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Booby beads are a good attractor on cod rigs when the sea is dirty. i am sure that the sound attracts fish, aswell as the large scent trail. For redgills and especially jellyworms i have found that the 'Wobbledisks' can work well on occassion. Not always, but sometimes they have accounted for more pollock. Perhaps it could be the extra action they add to the lure? I have no real explanation other than they do work.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts