1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,448 Posts
bit of alright that tommy. now away wi ye and get some more caught.:clap::clap:

·
Registered
52 Posts
thanks kernow, i tend too retrieve as slow as i can and stop it a few times letting the jig head burrow in the sand, ive tried it once in the dark and one fish of about three pounds, then again the tides werent right.

Just out of interest Tommy, Did the fish hit when it was paused??

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Been having good success walking a strech of shallow beach, scuffing the sand with an xlayer, lost a big fish last night, managed to land one 6.5lb.

View attachment 55523
super fish tommy on a great lure,,,,,
just to clarify ,,
do you rig the slayer ribs down on your set up??
and how slow slow slow is the retrieve???

Graham

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I find the fish mostly take the bait on the drop, the xlayer seems to work everywhere for me beach,rock marks and estuarys, its in a different class to any other soft bait imho along with a 4' spindle worm in glow chirasu colour, silver and avacado and ayu seem to work best for me along with glow white in dirty water, i always have the hook point out through the flat side of the xlayer.

God bless the man who designed them!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hey Tommy

I have lots of shallow beaches just where i live so could work well.

When you say you walk along the beach; are you walking with your lure parallel to the shore and keeping moving or are you flicking the lure out in front of you?

Cheers

Neil

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey Tommy

I have lots of shallow beaches just where i live so could work well.

When you say you walk along the beach; are you walking with your lure parallel to the shore and keeping moving or are you flicking the lure out in front of you?

Cheers

Neil
Cover as much ground as you can, you wouldnt believe how close big bass come in to the shore, look for any rocky patches below the water, try not to make much noise in the water as you wade out either, i spooked a couple of nice fish that night.

·
*BASS LURE GURU*
10,447 Posts
:notworthy lovely fish tommy , out through the flat bit you say , i would say thats the proper way to rig them , never ever went for this out the 3rd rib trend , dark back and white belly ones work for me , not to many bait fish have a dark belly and white top :blink::secret:

Well done that man :clap3:was it the large or the small one , i cut the bigger ones down

1 - 16 of 16 Posts