World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I the most bored person on the forum? I have just come in from polishing my engines:giveup:
I went out on Friday, & the fishing was patchy to say the least, so I resolved not to go for another 3-4 weeks, so after washing both the engines through with fresh water I noticed that they had opaque splashes on them, so I thought I will wipe them off before I cover them up. Then I thought if I polish them the water wont stay on there so no more spots, so instead of being out fishing in this beautiful weather, I polished both my main & auxillary before putting the covers back on, am I sad, or what?:sad:

·
Registered
9,527 Posts
Am I the most bored person on the forum? I have just come in from polishing my engines:giveup:
polished both my main & auxillary before putting the covers back on, am I sad, or what?:sad:
Very, very sad. However, when the fishings good you would say - must do that cleaning/polishing, then go fishing instead. Then when the weather is crap you would say - must do that cleaning/polishing, but can't face freezing your bits off. So if the fishing is bad and the weather is good, cleaning is about the best use of your time!

·
Banned
820 Posts
I went out on Friday, & the fishing was patchy to say the least, so I resolved not to go for another 3-4 weeks, so after washing both the engines through with fresh water I noticed that they had opaque splashes on them, so I thought I will wipe them off before I cover them up. Then I thought if I polish them the water wont stay on there so no more spots, so instead of being out fishing in this beautiful weather, I polished both my main & auxillary before putting the covers back on, am I sad, or what?:sad:
Blue wait till you try and polish dried in veg oil of your motor! And yes you are very bored but not boring. Engine and boat polishing is a common repetitive syndrome when the fishing is poor.

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats exactly what I thought Salar, (but it sounds better your way), good weather, crap fishing, all modifications complete, except 1 to stop Paid4 treading peat & maddies into my non slip mat!:nono: I just needed somebody to humour me.:yeah:
blueskip

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
nothing wrong in that mate, good car plosh on the engine covers protects from salt water, and plenty of corrosion guard on the ally bits will protect them to.

i quiet often ( well not latey) polish the boat and windows to its stops then from going dull in the sun lol.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
I've been cutting, drilling and filing a large piece of stainless for my boat all day, still not finished :unsure:
Then tomorrow i start the polishing, all over again...
""corrosion guard"" <-------- What's that?? i've smeared a thin layer of grease on my ally to protect it for now.
AL ..

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Dear 'skip,

Yes,

love Paid4

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Wanna swap? Mark (the other half owner) and I had his 13 year old daughter for company today. Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad can I fish? (We had not left the mooring) Daaaaaaaaaaaaaad are we fishing here? (100 yards from the berth but still running past the pontoon) Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad which way are we going? Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad where are we going ? (all of 250 yards from the mooring) And on and on and on and on all bloody day.

POLISHING AN ENGINE!!!! You lucky *******!!!!

Afishionado

·
Registered
360 Posts
Wanna swap? Mark (the other half owner) and I had his 13 year old daughter for company today. Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad can I fish? (We had not left the mooring) Daaaaaaaaaaaaaad are we fishing here? (100 yards from the berth but still running past the pontoon) Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad which way are we going? Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad where are we going ? (all of 250 yards from the mooring) And on and on and on and on all bloody day.

POLISHING AN ENGINE!!!! You lucky *******!!!!

Afishionado
I think this post should be moved to the 2stroke or 4stroke thread as another reason to stick with a 2 stroke, when I take my 12 year old daughter out I cant here a word on the way out or the way back,when I do hear "are we there yet" WE ARE THERE

·
Registered
130 Posts
been polishing my boat today as well.its only a yorkshire pebble but its my pride and joy.i have a new mariner 4stroke 15hp that i've just fitted.i've put some stuff called rain wizard (available from car shops ie halfords) on the windows and over the engine cover.water runs straight off without leaving any marks with this stuff on.has anyone else tried this stuff?

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
al carpman, its about £10 a can and spray all the engine bay and ally , bloody good stuff.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
al carpman, its about £10 a can and spray all the engine bay and ally , bloody good stuff.
Ohhhhhhhh kayyyyyy - I have to ask ----- where do you get it from ?
I'll do a google in a minute, i just need to wake up lol
AL ..

·
Registered
4,798 Posts
Ebay, steel developements or pretty much anywhere that sells Quicksilver gear.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
I think this post should be moved to the 2stroke or 4stroke thread as another reason to stick with a 2 stroke, when I take my 12 year old daughter out I cant here a word on the way out or the way back,when I do hear "are we there yet" WE ARE THERE
ROTFLMAO !!!

Best reply (on the 2 or 4 thread yet)

Afishionado

·
Captain Chaos!
3,694 Posts
i've put some stuff called rain wizard (available from car shops ie halfords) on the windows and over the engine cover.water runs straight off without leaving any marks with this stuff on.has anyone else tried this stuff?

Hiya, The first time I ever saw that stuff was on a trip with Rob Thompson on Electric Blue, he was using Rainex...from Halfords I think he said....I just wax wash the boat now with my jet wash, the shampoo is the professional grade, and has the stuff mixed in...:)

·
Registered
7,014 Posts
So what size hooks did you use?

Or was she put in charge of the anchor?
"What ever we do dont let go of it - ever - or dad and I will die"

Sorry mate only joking. I'm a bit peed of as I took the week of work for fishin' and the dogs gone ill so I've spent the week waiting for the vets latest updates and contemplating the size of the bill!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts