World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
took a trip down to boscastle with the missis today. didnt take no fishing gear as we were off to visit the witchcraft museum. (yes she is a witch a real one and has a website too www.witcheshideout.com check it out and sign her guestbook. earn me some brownie points please)

anyway back to fishing, saw some guys spinning (not having no luck) but it looks about as fishy as it can get. does anyone know whats caught around their and what the best baits are?

may have to suggest another trip down their but with ulterior motives this time :idea:

cheers all...

·
Cliff Dangler
2,576 Posts
Hey there DD

I've fished it a few times now. I had some info from some of the old boys from around the Bude area and really need to follow up on it now.

Lots of decent sized Wrasse to rag but involves climbing. I'm assured on the right tide and conditions that Bass and Pollack of decent size can be taken from a similar area on a rising tide and it can instantly start to fish and switch off again in less than 2 hours. Unfortunately it can get busy with tourists in some of the main spots.

If you're planning a trip down there and fancy meeting up give me a yell.

:)

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Grew up fishing on the rock next to the left hand quay casting out towards the sea, loads of wrasse, pollock, macky and garfish. In summer you get the kids jumping into the sea off the rocks and both quays grrrrrrrr.
Over the cliff to the right hand side fishes well apparently but never tried it, the walk always used to put me off.

·
Cliff Dangler
2,576 Posts
not if but when mate. will give you a shout when i give it a go. may wait for the tourist season to finish first.

do you know if anglers can park in the harbour area?
I've parked there before but usually in the early hours and I've been gone by mid morning. I had I feeling I wasn't supposed to though despite no apparent sign. The tourist car park gets packed and is usually a no go area in the emit season :eek:hnoes::help:
The alternative is to head out past Boscastle and up the hill on the south side and keep going for half a mile until the road bares right at the top (service station in front). Turn left then left again and head down the very narrow street back down into Boscastle as far as you dare and bury your car in the hedge on the left for free. It still a slight walk though and will only usually be spaces til mid morning and then not again until late afternoon.

Incidentally Graham who owns the Museum is the DSO from Boscastle Coastguard and is an absolute top bloke. He was the one who initially raised the alarm in the early stages of the Boscastle flood. His museum was one of the harder hit buildings but he ignored saving a lot of his valuable museum pieces to help everyone else. :notworthy:notworthy:notworthy
I was 1st in through the top window as the waters receded checking for survivors. The place was all but destroyed at that point. :uhuh::uhuh:

I'll find out about parking in the harbour and let you know.

:)

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
You can't park in the harbour, but on the way down, turn down a right hand side alley opposite the garage at the top of the hill (coming from tintagel end) the follow it down. i park at the end of this little one way lane just up from the Wellington hotel. Its free all day.

#edit just read your post PR, must be the same lane lol#

·
Registered
7,017 Posts
Hey DD no Brownee points for you man - the Guest Book is shot!
The response message is "Done with Errors"
Nice butterfiles though.

·
Registered
7,017 Posts
DD, Pleased to help.
I hope the weather is better than here in East Kent.
Steady rain, miserable but little wind.
Tight lines

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
donkey, trebarwith is just down the road from boscastle. if you can't find anywhere around boscastle try down there after dark. it fishes well for bass this time of year. good luck keep us informed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.