World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys.
I live in West Midlands and thinking about to fish on one of them piers.
Google info confused me a bit.
Looks like Bornemouth pier is more producive but the parking is a pain.
Boscombe pier is easier to find a parking but it closes at 11pm.
Im thinking to fish till midnight ish
Just wondering if any local people can tell me wich pier is better to fish, do I have to pay and what time they closes? don.t really want to ended up dissapointed after 200 miles trip one way.
Thanks in advance.
Telfy

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
OMG, 200 miles to fish one of those piers? Don't do it! Boscombe pier is 30' above the water, has really annoying anti-jump wires around it which makes it difficult to fish and is members only after dark. Bournemouth pier just shuts at dusk.......... Both places you will get fleeced for parking. Can you fish off of a beach? If you can, google Bistro On The Beach, it's a cafe on the beach front about a mile or so East from Boscombe Pier. Free parking on the road, lots of space and no time limits. Sole, and rays and maybe plaice in the daytime? Any spot between there and Hengistbury Head can be good on it's day. I live 1/2 mile from Boscombe Pier and have only tried fishing it once in 10yrs, lasted about 30 minutes............

·
Registered
621 Posts
200 miles each is a long way for one day fishing. Research and find closer marks to fish you will find. It doesn’t worth it ..! If you go for few day it is different story

·
Registered
117 Posts
What are you planning to fish for I guess is the important question? If you are targeting squid then those two piers are as good as anywhere this time of year. If you are fishing for anything else then the above advice is certainly worth taking on board.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will be trying of the bottom in the day light and squid after the dark. Have bought some jigs and its very tempting to try something new. Just not sure what pier I can fish after the dark...

·
Registered
117 Posts
If you have your heart set on one of the piers then I would fish Bournemouth. In terms of fishing after dark technically you cant really fish either... but try telling the hoards of people you find up there each evening. Plenty of (non members) fish Bournemouth pier after dark so if you want to join them that is up to you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts