World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to try pier fishing for the first time, i got to boscombe pier at 7pm and set my 2 rods up one with hermits in the hope of a smooth hound and the other i did rag tipped with squid for the bream.

Well i did't catch anything on my hermit's the hooks kept coming back in clean, so im guessing the crabs were working hard last night to dash any hopes of a decent sized smooth hound.

I did however manage to catch 3 Bream, all gave a nice little fight but were all under size so ended up putting them all back.

There were quite a few people using the feathers off the pier in the hope of catching some mackies but they did'nt have any luck, i think the only thing i saw them catchn on feathers were some small pouting.

All in all a good little session. It's just a pity you have to be off the pier by 10pm. would be nice to maybe stay and do an all nighter off there at some point.

·
Registered
651 Posts
there is a Boscombe Pier club you can join , allows you to fish "out of hours" you get your own key to get in and out as you please

There is a waiting list for new members but its well worth getting your name down if you fancy fishing later or earlier than the opening times

Membership comes up once a year (April i think) , google it to get more details

·
Registered
1 Posts
That sounds worth joining. I'm thinking of heading over to Bournemouth Pier tonight, does nayone know what time it closes for fishing. I'm stuck on an evening shift so can't make it down any earlier than about 10:45. Just going to be using feathers, hoping for some mackrell.

·
Registered
194 Posts
we used to go about 11pm climb over and wait until we got chucked off usually about 3 am a good 4 hours fishing but that was before the CCT got the cops there in 10 minutes, used to be a tape recording and sod all happened, until around 3 am when they did a chck and kicked us off lol

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
whats the difference between fishing boscombe pier and bournemouth pier except a mile of beach?

I'm used to fishing bournemouth but have never fished boscombe before as i have all ways had great success and never needed to look elsewhere.

Although the parking sucks close to the B.mouth pier having to spend £12 if you want to fish all day.

The boscombe pier club sounds interesting though , i've always wanted to do a "legal" night fish off bournemouth ....

and for the bloke who snuck in at 11pm ...............

underneath the pier in between the fishing decks i used to go in with a mate and scout around for hiddern fishing spots...and there was a few ...there used to be a raised platform (not sure now, no reason why it wouldn't be there) where you could hide until after hours and you wouldn't have been caught lol... :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts