World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
decided to try bossington again as got a bit of man flu and did'nt fancy work:) .anyway got there and fished for a few hours of daylight.it was pretty quiet with just a doggie,a pouting,a codling and a small strap conger.once darkness fell though the hounds came out in force.lost count but reckon on about 30,at times coming out 2 and 3 at a time.all caught on fish baits and squid or prawn marinaded in my own special brew:blink:eek:nly stopped cos i ran out of bait:schmoll:
.tried the track to the beach,it was a bit rough but managed to not bottom out,but would'nt recommend it if you're car is even averagely low or you are not used to driving on rough tracks:blink: :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi Blankerman
Nice reports on Bossington, good to see your enjoying one of my favourite places to fish. The dogs can be profuse at times but this is offset by some nice Bass that can be taken as well.

·
Official Jokes Forum Examiner
61,171 Posts
decided to try bossington again as got a bit of man flu and did'nt fancy work:) .anyway got there and fished for a few hours of daylight.it was pretty quiet with just a doggie,a pouting,a codling and a small strap conger.once darkness fell though the hounds came out in force.lost count but reckon on about 30,at times coming out 2 and 3 at a time.all caught on fish baits and squid or prawn marinaded in my own special brew:blink:eek:nly stopped cos i ran out of bait:schmoll:
.tried the track to the beach,it was a bit rough but managed to not bottom out,but would'nt recommend it if you're car is even averagely low or you are not used to driving on rough tracks:blink: :)
nice report mr blankers , beats working :clap3: :clap3: :clap3:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi i fished mid day high tide yesterday at bossington and just got a few whiting/codling. Can i ask where on the beach you fished?

·
Registered
21,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi i fished mid day high tide yesterday at bossington and just got a few whiting/codling. Can i ask where on the beach you fished?

about 200m to the right of the beach car park.just past where the river runs through the bank.fished from just before 4,had the congerlingthing,first doggie and codling at low,then was pretty quiet until dark.stopped at 10.30pm and the bites were still coming thick and fast.only problem there though is that once the tide is halfway in,you start getting snagged a lot:blink:

·
Registered
21,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cheers mate, didnt get any snag out in front of the carpark. is it snaggy up towards the headland?

think it gets worse the further up you go by what i've been told,but a better chance of a biggy though:unsure:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Yeah, its more rocky up by Hartland point, you can get pollock there spining or on the float, never had any of any size though, also had a few lobster fishing on the bottom though I'm too soft to take them home. My favourite bit is about 100yds to right of car park, had spotteds, S.E.s, smuts, mackerel, doggies etc from there in the summer. Always fancied fishing selworthy on the other side of the point but I've bottled the climb down the rope when I've been there on my own so if anyone fancies it in the summer let me know. Apparently it's good for S.E's and turbot and I've never caught a turbot. Do you need to fish nights for turbot or can you get them during the day?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hi Tipper
turbot are quite happy to feed in daylight so no need to night fish for them. You would be very lucky to go to Selworthy and be on your own as it now appears to be every other south west anglers "secret mark"!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts