World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fished a small comp at bossington tonight,seems like everyone caught something,though it was mostly dogs.i ended up with one decent rockling (33cm),4 pouting and 7 doggies,which was enough to get second.don't think anyone else had pouting as they only seemed to come on prawns.doggies were caught on most things,though did seem to prefer sandeel.also heard of a couple of small codling caught.
first time there and liked the venue.was recommended to use rotton bottoms,but after losing several weights changed to running straight through...only lost one rig right at the end then.
had heard of pollock being caught the night beforehand,but did'nt show tonight.

off now...toodle pip:)

·
Registered
22,142 Posts
fished a small comp at bossington tonight,seems like everyone caught something,though it was mostly dogs.i ended up with one decent rockling (33cm),4 pouting and 7 doggies,which was enough to get second.don't think anyone else had pouting as they only seemed to come on prawns.doggies were caught on most things,though did seem to prefer sandeel.also heard of a couple of small codling caught.
first time there and liked the venue.was recommended to use rotton bottoms,but after losing several weights changed to running straight through...only lost one rig right at the end then.
had heard of pollock being caught the night beforehand,but did'nt show tonight.

off now...toodle pip:)
Nice one.Good report.Did you park in the car park and walk down or drive to the beach.

·
Registered
21,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice one.Good report.Did you park in the car park and walk down or drive to the beach.

i walked down,but a few did take their cars down and said the track was'nt as bad as they expected,though was still pretty rough

1 - 3 of 3 Posts