World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was thinking of fishing bossington on saturday,

can anyone tell me if the track you drive up to the car park is open or will i have to park in the village carpark and walk through the woods to the beach?

And has anyone heard of anything being caught there recently?

Cheers
George

·
Registered
18,070 Posts
You'll have to park in the village unfortunately, they put stones across the track.

No catch news, sorry, but I bet there's a doggie or 20 down there...

·
Registered
233 Posts
the track is closed by a lockable post because people were not happy driving to the back of the beach and someone cut the wooden posts off that are there so they could drive onto the beach . leave loads of rubbish lying around .and the powers that be decided enough was enough .so everybody has to walk in from the village .

·
Registered
18,070 Posts
the track is closed by a lockable post because people were not happy driving to the back of the beach and someone cut the wooden posts off that are there so they could drive onto the beach . leave loads of rubbish lying around .and the powers that be decided enough was enough .so everybody has to walk in from the village .
Ah, a post is it? I seem to recall some stones, but a long time since I've been down there...

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I might try it this weekend. What are tackle losses really like? Not really kitted for really rough ground :(

·
Registered
18,070 Posts
I might try it this weekend. What are tackle losses really like? Not really kitted for really rough ground :(
If you cut across the field, if you know where I mean, then walk right on top of the pebbles towards the point, you'll come to a concrete storm drain.
Fish in front of that and it's not too bad...
It's pretty snaggy down near the beach entrance, I think.

·
Registered
18,070 Posts
Thanks guys. I'll tie some rotten bottom links
If you go up by the drain it's okay. I've lost one or two sets on average up there.
It's a fair walk from the main track though, that's why it's easier to walk through the woods a bit and cut across the field.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts