World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi im in plymouth for a week and need some advice for bass fishing at bovisand beach

have 2 14 ft rods can cast over 100 yrds with a full sized squid and a 6oz weight so range not a issue

does bovi fish well ?

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
well i guess you lot arent as sad as i am about the old fishing

would have replied to any post re my area
Wow, trigger . Some of us work ha ha ha ha. Chance of a bass there, or a small ray. Probably not worth the effort till after 9pm due to the swimmers and surfers. If you can drive, youd be better off driving into plymouth, or just bring some spinning gear or plugs and try around bovi.

Youll find you wont get 100s of replies, as bovi is not a mark locals rush too for the above reasons.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
ps if u get on the costal paths just past either cafes both sides of the beach u can find some much quiter rock marks but the path at the top on the hill the path is a lot steaper and harder 2 get down 2 the water. but u wont get desturbed much at all

·
Read Only
14,609 Posts
bovi as siad just inst fished so much, if your plymo u got to travel to bovi, and if u travel u go somewhere else, try along haybrook with plugs prehaps, tamars got better fish too rays bass cod bream bass etc, never caught much at bovi dogs etc.

·
Registered
172 Posts
m8 there are loads of better marks than bovi but if you do the wrasse on one side, and plug and lure on the rough side, or travel up to mothercombe estuary or down to mount batten pier. any more info just ask or pm me!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sorry to have not replied chaps thanks for the notes did try bov was pants ! will try the tamar next time im down that way refuse to fish mount batten as just seems a easy place to fish like a good distance mark for me ...

thanks again

·
Registered
313 Posts
Wow, trigger . Some of us work ha ha ha ha. Chance of a bass there, or a small ray. Probably not worth the effort till after 9pm due to the swimmers and surfers. If you can drive, youd be better off driving into plymouth, or just bring some spinning gear or plugs and try around bovi.

Youll find you wont get 100s of replies, as bovi is not a mark locals rush too for the above reasons.
bovi/heybrook bay is devoid of bass had the rocks dressed up like xmas trees on sunday not even a follow on plugs Freedie, strugled to get through the small pollocks :doh:
cheers age

1 - 10 of 10 Posts