World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bow roller has got two holes at the top that look as though they are desigfned to take some kind of pin. My guess is this is so the anchor rope doesn't jump off the roller if it goes slack or perhaps if you are doing an alderney ring type anchor retrieve. Am I right? and if so where do I get such a pin?
Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
A 6mm stainless bolt & nut like me. :giveup:
blueskip

·
The Oracle
8,208 Posts
Hiya,

A 6mm stainless bolt & nut like me. :giveup:
blueskip
The only prob with that blue.. is if you need to get the rope out from under it in a hurry, for all the cost a drop nosed pin is a far better option. Also make sure you attach the pin via a lanyard to the Bow roller or you will be for ever buying replacement pins :)

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmmm ... do I take it that I shouldn't be using the anchor without a pin in the roller? If so I'll have to strip off the heavy chain that I have fitted as iy won't fit through the gap if a pin is fitted.
Mike

·
The Oracle
8,208 Posts
Hiya,

Hmmmm ... do I take it that I shouldn't be using the anchor without a pin in the roller? If so I'll have to strip off the heavy chain that I have fitted as iy won't fit through the gap if a pin is fitted.
Mike
Nope :) You can use it any way you want, my chain wont fit under the pin either so it's removed while I'm using the anchor. When the boat is on the mooring the pin is in place to stop the mooring strop jumping out of the roller.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Its just as well the chain wont run through it as it'll beat the crap outta the plastic roller and the sides of the housing - and then jam on the shackle that attaches the chain to the anchor anyway!

I've fitted a bolt thru my bow roller that is there permenantly and I use a lazyline to bring the anchor rope to the side of the boat so I can retreive the anchor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts