World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going camping near Bowleaze Cove nr Weymouth in a few weeks and thought I'd try some sea fishing. As I only have limited experience of coarse fishing to date I think I need some help!

I gather there are bass and mackerel to be caught in this area but was hoping someone might be able to offer some advice on the best set up to fish in this area.

I have a 10ft spinning rod c.w. 10-30g but any advice as to line, lures/bait, hook size and methods would be very greatly received.

Also, is it ok to take a couple of fish home for the bbq ie are there some species in this area that are regarded as catch and release only?

Many thanks (and apologies if this info is already covered elsewhere on the site - I didn't manage to find it!)

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
ragworm on a two or three hook flapper rig with size 2 hooks should get you several species after dark.Try spinning for macky early morning or late evening.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a lot - looking forward to giving both methods a try. I'm guessing I might need to change the type of line I use for fishing in the sea. Any suggestions as to what to go for?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts