World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2nd Report : Bowling 14 10 18

Went out to fish Bowling again on sunday as mentioned in the first report. This time i dragged my gear out to the end of the break water. I fished 3 rods, 2 with one hook pennel rigs and one in close with a two hook flapper. Bait again was rag worm, lug worm and mackerel strips. The current was strong through out the session and there was also quite a lot of debris moving about on the surface of the water. First bites started quickly, i had 2 small codling and a double hook up of eels that proved to be out in numbers! The cod continued through out the session with about 12 or 13 in total up to about 1.5lbs. The eels really were biting hard, i think i had about 13 or 14 of them as well!! anyone have any tips for un hooking eels or dealing with them quicly? i just grab them with a cloth and try to unhook as fast as possible but they make a real slimey mess! Anyway, it was worth it to see the cod being caught in good number and size and i will be going back soon. cheers for reading!

Bowling 14 10 18 a.JPG

Bowling 14 10 18 b.JPG

Bowling 14 10 18 c.JPG

Bowling 14 10 18 d.JPG

·
Registered
605 Posts
decent cod for there bud, pity about the eels, i hate them worse than flatties, lol

·
Registered
218 Posts
Great report as usual. Nice wee fish and maybe you might hook into a massive eel at some point.

Tight Lines
Bryan

·
Registered
5 Posts
Great catch report, glad to see some fishing spots nearer for myself. Looking to head to the spots unsure of where they are though, how do I access the Breakwater at Bowling? And do I egt to the 'T' pier at Arrochar from the A83?

Tight Lines

Connor :)

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Great catch report, glad to see some fishing spots nearer for myself. Looking to head to the spots unsure of where they are though, how do I access the Breakwater at Bowling? And do I egt to the 'T' pier at Arrochar from the A83?

Tight Lines

Bowling break water - just park up by bowling train station, walk over the bridge crossing the train tracks and you walk right out onto the brrak water. just be careful of walking on the break water, some of the rocks are loose

Arrochar Pier - drive through arrochar pass the petrol station and two car parks, drive up the hill until you see a large green gate, you can park there and walk down to the pier. i think the fees in the car park are still high!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks Mate, appreciate that. I used to fish down Newcastle and had unlimited spots to fish within a reasonable distance. So i'm glad there are marks that I can head to for a few hours to fish the tide!

·
Registered
10 Posts

Tight Lines

I was at Arrocha pier Wednesday for 5 hours, gale force winds and not a bite, mackerel and rag-worm bait

·
Registered
273 Posts
Great report and nice wee Codling!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bowling break water - just park up by bowling train station, walk over the bridge crossing the train tracks and you walk right out onto the brrak water. just be careful of walking on the break water, some of the rocks are loose

Arrochar Pier - drive through arrochar pass the petrol station and two car parks, drive up the hill until you see a large green gate, you can park there and walk down to the pier. i think the fees in the car park are still high!!
hi, new member of the forum.

Was going to head out there in the next few weeks to bowling. Is there a gate or fence at the other side of the tracks? if so is there an alternative way to the breakwater?

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
hi, new member of the forum.

Was going to head out there in the next few weeks to bowling. Is there a gate or fence at the other side of the tracks? if so is there an alternative way to the breakwater?
as said above, just park by the old pub at the train station, cross the rail bridge over the tracks, then through the white gate and down on to the break water, just be careful on the rocks, very slippey when wet and quite dangerous in the dark! tight lines

1 - 19 of 19 Posts