World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just got home from a night session on Roker pier. It was a beautiful night, calm, just a light breeze, the sound of the surf gently hitting the beach.... Well, it ought to have been, but all I could hear was some nearby bozos radio belting out trashy pop music! Haven't these idiots heard of personal radios with earphones? Does anyone know where I can buy a device that interferes with radio signals?

On a happier note, I caught a codling and a large edible crab, while the bozo caught nothing!

Cheers,

John

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Does anyone know where I can buy a device that interferes with radio signals?

On a happier note, I caught a codling and a large edible crab, while the bozo caught nothing!

Cheers,

John
Nice one on the fish mate!
I know a device......a BRICK!

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
it get worse when the guys both sides of have radios........ tuned into different channels:blink:

another time a guy had one tuned into a chat show and he want even listening to it.

i like the peace and quiet of being out at night. some dont and like the background noise.

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
I've just got home from a night session on Roker pier. It was a beautiful night, calm, just a light breeze, the sound of the surf gently hitting the beach.... Well, it ought to have been, but all I could hear was some nearby bozos radio belting out trashy pop music! Haven't these idiots heard of personal radios with earphones? Does anyone know where I can buy a device that interferes with radio signals?

Cheers,

John
nothing worse than people with music blasting!

i like the quiet most of the time!!! But then sometimes i like a good laugh with the lads. but not so that it annoys anyone else!!!

stu

·
Registered
867 Posts
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

That drives me crazy, just reading your post reminded me of several trips i have been on where Radios have driven me mad and spoilt a calm evening where your trying to get away from it all and some "bozo" is selfish, without a thought for anyone else!!!!

Stick your i Pod on or walkman!!

:uhuh: :uhuh: :uhuh: :uhuh: :uhuh: :uhuh: :uhuh: :uhuh: :uhuh: :uhuh:

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
i like my radio if im out at night but only so i have something to sing along to
hence if other anglers are about it stays in the bag
i hate it myself when a car pulls up and insists on leaving a door open while thump thump pollutes the air

G

·
Sea water is not very good for radio reception. It needs to be at least 10 ft deep ideally so on a pier, no problem, just a Johnny Wilkinson drop kick into the briny and problem solved:clap2:

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
I have to be honest, i love listening to teh radio while fishing. I find it relaxing, all you have to do is ask the boys to turn it down, its not hard!

kelvin

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
I have to be honest, i love listening to teh radio while fishing. I find it relaxing, all you have to do is ask the boys to turn it down, its not hard!

kelvin

Thats fine if they turn it down far enough so it cant be heard by other people but even low volume music travels well. Why should anyone be forced to listen to someone elses music, even if it isnt at excessive volume?

·
Registered
4,647 Posts

kelvin
thats all well and good in practice but these people who have the music blasting when other fisher people are about are normally the type of people if you tell them to take there rubbish away they just give you a mouth full.

not worth the hassel!!!

stu

·
Severn Area Rescue
12,366 Posts
well a radio is the first thing in my tackle box nothing better than fishing away and listen to the football/rugby

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
thats all well and good in practice but these people who have the music blasting when other fisher people are about are normally the type of people if you tell them to take there rubbish away they just give you a mouth full.

not worth the hassel!!!

stu
Thats one hell of a sweeping generalization, but i see what you are saying. Does music effect the fishing?

kelvin

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Thats fine if they turn it down far enough so it cant be heard by other people but even low volume music travels well. Why should anyone be forced to listen to someone elses music, even if it isnt at excessive volume?
thats just un reasonable then. why should someone have to it in silence if thewy dnt want to? i personaly am not fond of ppl makin noise wen im fishing that includes loud music but as i enjoy the slence of fishing they enjoy thei radio so who are we to make their trip less enjoyable ?

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
thats just un reasonable then. why should someone have to it in silence if thewy dnt want to? i personaly am not fond of ppl makin noise wen im fishing that includes loud music but as i enjoy the slence of fishing they enjoy thei radio so who are we to make their trip less enjoyable ?

And who are they to make ours less enjoyable? Compromise is the answer, they can use Ipods/mp3 players and no-one else has to listen to THEIR music then. :)

·
England Team Captain
30,606 Posts
Always try to listen to the sport but realise the next bloke might not, so keep it as low as poss.
Wouldn't think of playing music though.

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
i use my phone:) .............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................. got mp3 and radio on it so i stick my headphones in and dont annoy anyone else ,:clap3: :clap3:

the only problem with headphones is you get called an ignorant barsteward for ignoring people :blink: :blink:

you just cant win with some:uhuh: :uhuh::roll1: :roll1:

tightlines.....................................daz

1 - 20 of 47 Posts