World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,
fancy giving one of these two places a go for tope maybe tonight.Have never fished either place so not sure how to fish them or where for that matter.thinking of fishing low tide tonight, one rod out for tope and other for a possible hound.Are these places fishable at low? are the conditions right to target them tonight?also has anyone caught any recently?any help would be great.ben

·
Registered
20,889 Posts
hi all,
fancy giving one of these two places a go for tope maybe tonight.Have never fished either place so not sure how to fish them or where for that matter.thinking of fishing low tide tonight, one rod out for tope and other for a possible hound.Are these places fishable at low? are the conditions right to target them tonight?also has anyone caught any recently?any help would be great.ben
:yeah:Although there are 'preferred' times and tides for both species you can in fact catch them whenever 'they' are in the mood. Time seems more important than tide, dusk is preferable, on a rising tide even better but I have caught hounds at dead low water in daylight. So, you pays your money and takes your chances.:icecream:

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Selsey and bracklesham have their moments for tope....calm conditions for a few days prior to fishing is prefered....no reports as yet to confirm but there is always the first......good luck

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cheers lads,wot size and hook types are most suited i bought a tope rig this morning and it came with a 5/0 n it just seems a bit on the small side havin never fished for 'em.would my abu 6500 be ok,loaded with 15lb mainline and 60lb leader.as they make large runs and the spools are fairly small or my large fixed spool.how close in do tope come in?

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
cheers lads,wot size and hook types are most suited i bought a tope rig this morning and it came with a 5/0 n it just seems a bit on the small side havin never fished for 'em.would my abu 6500 be ok,loaded with 15lb mainline and 60lb leader.as they make large runs and the spools are fairly small or my large fixed spool.how close in do tope come in?
Thats fine m8tey, just make sure you set your drag, or you might lose your rod....half side or whole makie should see you ok...but be expecting to blank cause tope are not easy to catch:fishing1:

·
Registered
20,889 Posts
Selsey and bracklesham have their moments for tope....calm conditions for a few days prior to fishing is prefered....no reports as yet to confirm but there is always the first......good luck
:victory:I've recently received a picture of a good tope from Pagham, caught while fishing at night, so they're about and feeding.:victory:

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Thats fine m8tey, just make sure you set your drag, or you might lose your rod....half side or whole makie should see you ok...but be expecting to blank cause tope are not easy to catch:fishing1:
I`m surprised more people don`t have a go for fishing for them from the shore.

There are thousands of small ones out there. We have been catching loads just a couple of miles offshore so I can`t see why they won`t venture close in at times.

Alan

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanx for the help, didnt manage to get out last nite as the lady needed a lift at wot have been bang on l/t,will try n get out some time in next few days n let you know how I get on.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
I`m surprised more people don`t have a go for fishing for them from the shore.

There are thousands of small ones out there. We have been catching loads just a couple of miles offshore so I can`t see why they won`t venture close in at times.

Alan
Have found a few days of flat calm brings them into the shallows...so then for us beach wallers we have a chance...but as you say Al not many people target them from the beach..cause of the amount of time they would have to put in just to blank....its all about picking the right time/venue then getting lucky

1 - 9 of 9 Posts