World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Myself and Brad (aka beachbum2) had a session at our local beach last night.

The wind was light onshore at 8pm and we both started out by snagging alot of weed, once it got really dark and the tide came up abit further it got alittle better but there was still alot about.

We had three rods out between us and I managed to get the only fish of the night, an undersized bass, but it means I have finally caught a fish in 2007 and on my new Penn 525/Mustad viking combo so I feel like I have christened it !

Hopefully things will get better when the summer comes !

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Lovely evening mate! shame the crud was so heavy, still great company thanks matt. i was pleased one of us was saved in the last hour.
I reckon the weed was so stinky it masked any of our scent trails.:giveup:

P.s I had a geat birthday by the way, I didn't go to work and i managed to drown the rest of them worms left from last night. I had an under sized bass and a tiny mullet, the weed was still as thick as last night but i managed to cast out at least 100 yrds and hold bottom firm after an hour past high tide the rod tapped away:clap2: , i went to the same mark as before and fished tight against the breaker, there is definately a gulley formed there. Oh and to top off my 18th birthday i won that rod for £62-00 i cant believe it 1/6th of its rrp. yipee! All i need now is a nice slosh to come my way for next to nothing and i'll be a fishing nightmare!:idea:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice one Brad, glad you had a good one - I am looking forward to seeing the new rod !

I think that breaker could be turning into a nice mark. I will try and get out this weekend for a dangle, probably saturday night,

Matt.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts