World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

Just a few lines to thank Fred for organizing an excellent trip.

Fred, Ryan and I from the Forum, plus five others friends, fished on the Vicky Emma yesterday out of Bradwell with Terry Batts.

It was a relaxing trip, the weather was excellent and the sea like a lilly pond.

Ryan was the first into the fish with a Smoothound, followed a few seconds later by Ralph. Shortly after, we were all catching, with Smoothies, Tope, Skate, Mackerel and Doggies being the most prolific.

Specimen of the day went to Dave, a friend of Freds, with a 3lb 7oz Tub Gurnard. My pride and joy was a small Bass of just under 2lbs, my first this year. Cant wait for my first Bass trip!!! (Next Sunday)

This specific trip was a special for me as it was my first outing with Terry on his "New Faster" Vicky Emma. Terry introduced me to uptiding many years ago and it was him who taught me the art of casting with a multiplier. On this trip he introduced me to his new method of baiting "Peelers". Thank you Terry.

Thank you all for a great day out.

Cheers

Drew

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
glad you all had a great day out drew? i bet the water was like a pond, its nice when you get the right weather on the day.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Poach,

It was shorts weather, just like the Med, only a better class of angler. Oops, that's not PC is it. As almost all the fish went back, they probably enjoyed the free meals.

Fred

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Glad that you had a better day than we did on Saturday from Lyme Regis.

The weather was glorious, the company outstanding (7 blokes from the pub), skipper Harry May and his boat Marie F couldn't have been more helpful.

Pity the bloody fish weren't more amenable! :mad:

About 35 mackies, a couple of dozen pout, 3 doggies and some cuckoo wrasse.

I'm off this week though so, we'll be trying some shore fishing around Portland/Chesil/West Bay etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts