World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saturday 28th, saw us out of the marina at about 8.15 am, and making our way East, intention to go over the Horizon, however on clearing St Peters Chapel we were reminded yet again that the best laid plans etc etc, and we therefore reverted to plan B. Our next door neighbour Highlander was also heading for the far East, but he too put plan B into operation, and we both finished up close to home getting bashed by a strong force 5/6, North Easterly that even with flood in the same direction made for uncomfortable fishing, especially as we saw Dave waving the landing net around and we were getting nothing but small dogs and whiting. As the tide eased and started to turn, we did a runner and left them to it. In a lot shallower water we tried to put our 100 lug to good use but no dice, so we went even shallower and found a few small bass. Back in the berth Dave showed us 8 nice Roker, we had zilch to show, but I found out that he had had Herring onboard as well as squid, his freezer was blagged for a few of those and put to good use the following day. Again the weather was not all that good but better than Saturday, but we elected to redo that that we had failed at so miserably the day before. As soon as the bait hit the bottom we OFF, we boated about 20 Roker returned 12, including this one

I held it on the scales so that Crit could record the weight but as you can see I even managed to mess that up, but it was well over 15lb, maybe as much as 16lb,

must learn to keep my fingers out of the way, the female was full of egg cases so we returned her to do her business.

We continued until the tide turned and again went shallow to see if we could get some Bass, it did not quite live up to the mornings fishing but you can't win them all

·
The Ego
6,046 Posts
The bloke with the small fish looks like Minty from eastenders

15,082 Posts
Well done John and that is a super Roker :clap3:
Im back at it for sure next week as the old groin feels good again.Glad to see you put some back,your obvioulsy feeling guilty about something :)

Ron

·
Registered
8,187 Posts
Some real nice sized Roker there. Added to the specimen list (2nd pic, fish on the scales)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Glad you got things sorted on Sunday John and also pleased that Dave managed to ensure his guests had a good time too:clap3:

Hope to get out meself soon as I'm down to my last 48 skates wings.

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well done John and that is a super Roker :clap3:
Im back at it for sure next week as the old groin feels good again.Glad to see you put some back,your obvioulsy feeling guilty about something :)

Ron
Got to leave a few for you Ron.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Cracking Roker that one...Good angling mate...
Prefer the Herring chunks as well - less grief from the spotty dogs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts