World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks im currently using Kastkings mega 8 for seatrout but im loking to come down to abut 5lb braid, can anyone recmend me a good 8 strand braid that i can purchase in the uk? ive been looking at sunline siglon but i cant seem to get it in the uk. If anyone can help i would be most greatful, cheers

·
Registered
16,793 Posts
Hi folks im currently using Kastkings mega 8 for seatrout but im loking to come down to abut 5lb braid, can anyone recmend me a good 8 strand braid that i can purchase in the uk? ive been looking at sunline siglon but i cant seem to get it in the uk. If anyone can help i would be most greatful, cheers
Why does it have to be U.K. ?

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
Sunline small game if you want the best but I use kastking on my general lure rod and hasn't troubled me with sea trout.
My big change was having a rod that's better suited to fishing small weight lures in shallow water but can deal with the powerful surges.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sunline small game if you want the best but I use kastking on my general lure rod and hasn't troubled me with sea trout.
My big change was having a rod that's better suited to fishing small weight lures in shallow water but can deal with the powerful surges.
I just thought that the 10lb last kings was excessive and also to heavy for casting lures up to 10g but feel free to prove me wrong bud.

·
Registered
16,793 Posts
Only so I can get it quicker mate!
Yeah understandable although I bought a reel from japan & had it in 5 days. Some of the cheaper type places only ship items once a month. On the Braid front Iv been using Duel Hardcore x8 the last 4-5 years and love the stuff. Not cheap but not high end either. Unfortunately most tackle shops in the U.K. don’t really cater to well for the lure fishermen but give art of fishing a go. Wonderful shop with wonderful service

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
I just thought that the 10lb last kings was excessive and also to heavy for casting lures up to 10g but feel free to prove me wrong bud.
The sunline is what I use on my LRF reels and it's a noticeable step up from the other braids.
Where i fish for shore trout the kelp is heavy and I'm not sure I would want a braid any thinner. It's not really the quoted breaking strain I'm concerned with but the dia and how it copes with abrasion.
The light weight lure under 10grams must mean you're using a lrf type rod?? I'm using typically an 18gram lure. Smaller and I switch to the fly rod for them.
You'll definitely notice a benefit to a finer dia line but you have to balance that with abrasion

·
Registered
77 Posts
I tried to use thinner braids in an attempt to get extra casting distance.Its not worth it ,you lose to much gear/fish.Very fine braid is too fragile.

I wouldnt use less than 15-20 lb braid in the sea.Diddy bashing or freshwater i might use less though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts