World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I fished on my lonesome at my fave sole spot to see if i could hook an early one to get things up and running.
Sadly, it was not gonna go to plan. After a few missed bites (probably wrasse) dusk came and i got a nice plaice of 10oz, it was not a bad one but was very thin.
A few pout came and went but things were dead to be honest.
The tides were weird again! ..........In the book it said 3.9 then 4.1 tides, to me this is a neap tide. It started to ebb at 7:45 instead of 9:15....gutted. It didn't get dark until 9:30 so i had to fish the H/W in the daylight which is not good at this mark!
Oh well it really was a warm and enjoyable night.....summers here!
I fished farm rag and black lug cocktails.
Cheers. ;)
Ps......
I saw robster, slippery and squidhead come back from their bream bash. Piccy included.
My only plaice

It was a beautiful night.

Robster, nick, and andy

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
Well done on the Plaice, better than a blank. I wish I could have got out last night instead of being stuck at work, looked like a lovely evening for sitting on the beach.

·
South Coast Forum Moderator
1,603 Posts
Ps.........i saw someone fishing hurst castle when i was there....anybody from this site?
Not me on this occasion mate.........BUT three of us are doing an all nighter there on Mon 23rd (weather permitting); plan is to get the ferry out in the afternoon and then back again the next morning. Lazy or good planning?! lol.

Well done on the plaice mate..............pretty fish. :clap3:

Cheers.

Andy. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts