World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Myself and my good lady will be staying at Brancaster for two weeks from this Saturday. I was wondering will it be worth me bringing my gear along?

I usually tend to lure fish mainly or fish with light beach outfits are there any suitable venues nearby or am I better looking at the coarse/game fishing venues in the area?

Cheers

Graeme

·
Registered
308 Posts
hi graeme.

There are fishable beaches all along the coast of north norfolk although catches have been a "bit hit and miss" of late mostly due to the weather.

There have been bass and macks from cley to weybourne and these are easily assesable beaches which hold deep water, so you will be out far enough with your light gear.
good sport on fluff and lures.

usual baits and rigs for static rods.

I also heard that one day last week bass were caught on the beach at thornham to lures, although it could be a bit of a walk.

I am no expert at all, but some of the lads on here are very knowledgable a helpful.
im sure they will put you right.

good luck.

simon,

:fish:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Simon,

Thanks for your response, looks like its worth taking some gear along.

Did think about a bit of saltwater fluff chucking but didn't think I could sneak the chesties and line tray in :whistling

Cheers

Graeme

·
Registered
308 Posts
hi graeme.

Another spot worth a bash would cromer peir, i dont know how you feel about fishing the peir?
personally the crowds of anglers and tourists dont do much for me, but pick a quiet time, mornings or late eves and it can be very productive.

crab baits and worms and fish strips etc for bass or even the odd smoothie earlier this year.
fluff chuck for macks.
let me know how you get on, i will look for the postings of the big bass etc :thumbs:

all the best.

simon.
:fish:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts