World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
I am looking to start sea fishing with my 8 year old son(he's been begging for ages). I have picked sea fishing because from 8-18 i went course fishing with my dad, and i remember all the hassle with licenses and the like. And to be honest sea fishing looks far more appealing. I have been looking on veals.co.uk at rod's reels etc. and it seems it can be had quite cheap, but what should i buy to start out and what fish should i be looking at aiming to catch at this time of year, do i need a rod license? etc.etc.
Any help greatly appreciated
Nick

·
Registered
297 Posts
You dont need a licence. For rod reel etc it all depends what type of fishing you want to do. The cod season is here so most people use strong gear as you'r fishing in rocky places and lose a lot of gear weights, hooks, etc. Have a word with your local tackle dealer he would be the one to ask, a lot of tackle dealers have combo deals to get you started. Fishing wise it all depends what fishing you want to do, from shore or boat? you got to get the right hooks for the fish your going for no use useing 4/0s for flatfish etc where are you about? Take a walk alone the pier or beach and speak to any other fishermen you see most of us are happy to give advice. :rolleyes: Also always be safe that fish is not worth your life.

·
Registered
303 Posts
hi nick, where abouts are you going to fish? then we can give you information on all kinds of things, and do you intend on boat fishing? it's a different thing to shore fishing.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok i live in isleworth(west london) so was thinking of heading down to brighton/rottingdean/or somwhere on the Hampshire coast. Don't want to boat fish, would like to keep it simple to start with. We have loads of fleeces and waterproofs so clothing wise we are ok.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
brighton mariner seems fairly simple to fish with reasonable results.some really good beach fishing around there too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts