World Sea Fishing Forums banner

Brands bash last nite

2K views 39 replies 15 participants last post by  Brand 
#1 ·
Hey ho lads /gals................Thanks v much for comeing last nite ,for putting up with the weather...horizontal rain and quite a beastly windys.
This did nt dampen the fishing or banter.s Fish steadly came out all nite,most of us were on the concrete end with couple of lads on the top portion.
Woof city as usuall and all sizes.
My tent and me had a bit of a fight and it is now happily in the bin:cry:
We are hard u see
A young lad came with his dad and enjoyed himself.There was bout 20 of us in all
We have raised £70 for the childrens centre and this will go probably to the new therapy room.We are haveing a hoist which allows chilren in wheel chairs to be positioned safely on the floor level trampoline.
Thanks to all,much appeciated bit , clap to all:clap::clap::clap:
Species
woofs
pollack
sea scorpian
sole
strap congerdonger
small bass
pouting
starfish
couple of rigs and weights
specimen sea weed
Cheers brand

See less See more
G
#5 ·
As usual a good time was had, the weather was a little bit iffy at first but then it just got better.

I thought I was using ragworm, squid, mackerel and sandeel, you would think we had put pedigree chum on the hook with all the woofers. Mind you, some of those doggies were quite big!

#8 ·
Hi all
thanks to Brand for organising a great night, after about midnight stars came out, mermaids swam it was great.
Great to meet both of the 'beasts' & all the other peeps.
Rob the Mod, Bushy Meat & myself managed 32 dogs between us & we left at 3;30.
Catch of the night had to go to Bush Meat though who managed to reel in a barnacle encrusted fixed spool reel!!!!
Happy Daze.

#9 ·
Hi all
thanks to Brand for organising a great night, after about midnight stars came out, mermaids swam it was great.
Great to meet both of the 'beasts' & all the other peeps.
Rob the Mod, Bushy Meat & myself managed 32 dogs between us & we left at 3;30.
Catch of the night had to go to Bush Meat though who managed to reel in a barnacle encrusted fixed spool reel!!!!
Happy Daze.
nice to see u enjoying u selves:fish::roll1::roll1:
sorry forgot to mention bout the lads who had 2 hounds out
cheers brand

#10 ·
missing off the species list is starry smooths which the lads to my right had

My brolly last all of 10 mins before snapping in half, so that was also consigned to the bin

The young lad is my son, he really enjoyed the night just before 2 I got him in the sleeping bag between to chairs put a water proof sheet over the top of the sleeping bag and him, he said he was going to rest for 5 min and fell asleep in 30 sec, he got in about 3 1/2 hrs in total, we got home about 8 am and by 9 am was out the front doot again so when he gets home around 5 this evening he should be shattered, weather was carp, company and banter was brilliant

Thank you to wil2195 for the loan of his spare head lamp, I agree on the woofers some of them were really bending the rods and you just wondered if there was a different species on the end

Every one was good with the crossed lines and helped each other with the untangles

Blanker you are so jammie, somehow his end rig landed up on the damaged section of the upper level, so he yanked to break the line, do you think it broke not a chance, it ripped out other end rigs giving him a couple of new leads

#11 ·
missing off the species list is starry smooths which the lads to my right had

My brolly last all of 10 mins before snapping in half, so that was also consigned to the bin

The young lad is my son, he really enjoyed the night just before 2 I got him in the sleeping bag between to chairs put a water proof sheet over the top of the sleeping bag and him, he said he was going to rest for 5 min and fell asleep in 30 sec, he got in about 3 1/2 hrs in total, we got home about 8 am and by 9 am was out the front doot again so when he gets home around 5 this evening he should be shattered, weather was carp, company and banter was brilliant

Thank you to wil2195 for the loan of his spare head lamp, I agree on the woofers some of them were really bending the rods and you just wondered if there was a different species on the end

Every one was good with the crossed lines and helped each other with the untangles

Blanker you are so jammie, somehow his end rig landed up on the damaged section of the upper level, so he yanked to break the line, do you think it broke not a chance, it ripped out other end rigs giving him a couple of new leads

must admit that was lucky,especially as only had 15lb line on as well.
it was good to meet some old and new faces,though can't remember most of the new ones names..lol.
highlight of the night for myself was catching a sole.a species first for me,though would of liked one of the hounds the other lads had:thumbs:

#12 ·
Yep! Top class entertainment. Good music coming from our neighbours up the pier (Rock on! :D ) a decent break in the weather, good banter and dogs on just about anything thrown into the sea.

Oh - and apparently 'Vasbyt' means 'quick bite' or something. The things you learn on a meet! :)

Cheers Brand! :thumbs:

Rob :)

#17 ·
as the lads have said dogs galore, but who care's:happy: was a great night talking to all of you,i talked more last night than fished but thats what it's about at these meets. i'm glad the weather turned out dry about midnight so gaz could put some sounds on:punk: nice to meet you all guys,not going to name you all coz there's too many to name and my head is like mush atm:group: and the legend that is :crazy:steve(starfish catcher). and btw nightlight(Tony) wasn't a happy bunny last night with all the chunks he was blowing over the side,he had some dodgy food in the day:yucky: and a big thanks to Brand for sorting in out once again:notworthy:punk:

ps guys and girls if you havent been before,try it out:victory:

G
#18 ·
morning lads:unsure:well it is for me:laugh:i really enjoyed the weather was great i even seen 3 shouting stars while trying for bass it cleared up that much i did wish but no bass:laugh:nice to see some new faces:victory:blankerman is ONE long grey haired jammy english fcker but still havent caught a smoothie:lmao:brand well done once again to brand .nice to see micheal giving it a go(vasbyts lad)deano thanks for the offer of a sausage 50p for 20 ones:yucky:should have put one on the hook for a 30lb cod:laugh:had some great banter and a great night:lmao:.hope your ok today nitelight mate:unsure:wil hope the worm is lucky for you mate see you all soon mad steve:fishing:

#19 ·
Hi all. Good night had by all, unfortunately Nitelite went home around 2am after blowing chunks and spent some time in Hospital untill around 6am, hope you are feeling better mate. Got me Ipod out when the rain and wind stopped and had a blast of Iron Maiden, Trivium, King Crimson and a few others. Doggie city up where we were, here's some pics.

Brolly and his Woof

Nitelite and his Woof, It really is small but Tony is smaller lol

Fishbeast and another Woof!

Ipso and double Woofs!!!

King Prawn Dopiaza went down well at 2AM, Diden't get any kip but lotttttttts of banter. When's the next one!!!!!

Tight Lines all

Gaz

#21 ·
nice one lads - really hope work will allow me to attend one of these meets sometime soon. Any ideas on the next one? Is it going to be an oppurtunity to target the codling in the winter?

#22 ·
thanks for organising it brand mate:thumbs: was an amazing night, have just got back up and i went to sleep at 10:00and i think i will go back to bed and get a bit more sleep in a minute lol, Also was great to put names to faces

#24 ·
thanks for organsing it brand! , had a good time! , it was good to put names to faces!, pitty about the barbed hook in my finger accedent lol!! :bones:, and the sausages where nice ! :showoff::showoff:

and yes steve i went home and watched teletubbies and feel straiiiiiiiight asleep lol!!

its scuba steve!!:D:D

G
#25 ·
thanks for organsing it brand! , had a good time! , it was good to put names to faces!, pitty about the barbed hook in my finger accedent lol!! :bones:, and the sausages where nice ! :showoff::showoff:

and yes steve i went home and watched teletubbies and feel straiiiiiiiight asleep lol!!

its scuba steve!!:D:D
SPELL IT RIGHT BLUBBER:laugh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.