World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks. Report time.

Friday 12th October
Set of at 11:30am after work. Headed for the wee cove i fished last Sunday, as I knew it would give me shelter from the very very strong winds.:) I probably shouldn't have been out at all :veryconfused: but I thought I would see what it was like when I arrived, if it was going to be too rough I would have headed home. Arrived 12:45pm & as I thought the cove was out of the worst of the wind. Got the shelter set up, then the two Beachcasters. :thumbsup:Baited one of these with Mackerel & the other with Ragworm. There seemed to be a lot of weed about but nothing to really cause problems. Took a Corkwing Wrasse on the Rag after about half an hour. Then nothing until around 5:45pm when I took another Corkwing then a Ballan Wrasse twenty minutes later. Decided to call it quits 6:45pm. Not a great session but well pleased I was even able to wet a line.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Saturday was to be driving rain with the wind coming from the South East which meant the shelter would have been no good along this stretch of coast or I'd have ended up chasing it along the shore. Didnt fancy standing in a downpour for six or seven hours so gave Saturday a miss.:mad::mad:

Sunday 14th October
Set off at 9:00am on Sunday morning for one of my regular spots. Arrived 10:15am. Set up the two Beachcasters as usual along with the Boat rod with a Mackerel Fillet to see if any Conger about. Had a Lesser Spotted Dogfish on the Boat rod around 12:00pm, then another on the Mackerel baited Beachcaster about an hour later. The wind had been easing as the afternoon progressed & it turned out quite pleasant I was even able to take my coat off.:rolleyess::rolleyess: The sea now was pretty calm, seen a bit of disturbance on the surface around 2:00pm, so set up the Spinning rod as I thought it was maybe some late season Mackerel chasing fry.:sneaky: First cast resulted in a Coalfish of around 1½lb. Reeled in both Beachcasters to give myself a bit more room, leaving only the Boat rod with the Mackerel Fillet to soak. Had about 8 or 9 Pollack with 2 at 1½lb & the others ranging from ¾lb to 1lb on the Lures.:):) Told the wee woman I'd be home for 4:30pm, so come 3:00pm I called it a day.:run:
Another weekend over with the best sport coming in the last hour of Sundays fishing. That's the way it goes.
Ron:cool2:

P1060128 - Copy.JPG

Corkwing Wrasse 1

P1060130 - Copy.JPG

Corkwing Wrasse 2

P1060131 - Copy.JPG

Ballan Wrasse

P1060134 - Copy.JPG

Lesser Spotted Dogfish

P1060135 - Copy.JPG

Coalfish

P1060137 - Copy.JPG

Pollack

P1060138 - Copy.JPG

Pollack.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Fine fishing again sir, braving the storm.

Wish I had got out myself but family things came up

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fine fishing again sir, braving the storm.

Wish I had got out myself but family things came up
Thanks Martin. In all honesty I really shouldn't have gone on Friday with the gale force winds forecast, but I was certain the spot I wanted to fish would be out of the worst of the wind. That meant I could get the shelter up. Without it, it would have been miserable in the rain.:( Even with the best of wet gear the water always makes it's way in somewhere.
Ron:cool:

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Bout ye Ron:)

Thats another fine bit of fishing from your good self once again:cool2:
Nothing wrong with heading up the coast an if its too bad, coming home again, so you did right Ron an got a wee window on Friday.
I myself was out on Saturday, down the Muck:whistling: and it was not to bad:rolleyes:

Some fish (again:wink:) bit of peace an quiet, canny beat it,
well done ye madman ye:nutswinger:

Take er easy Ron.

Mark...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bout ye Ron:)

Thats another fine bit of fishing from your good self once again:cool2:
Nothing wrong with heading up the coast an if its too bad, coming home again, so you did right Ron an got a wee window on Friday.
I myself was out on Saturday, down the Muck:whistling: and it was not to bad:rolleyes:

Some fish (again:wink:) bit of peace an quiet, canny beat it,
well done ye madman ye:nutswinger:

Take er easy Ron.

Mark...:thumbsup:
Cheers Mark.:thumbsup:
Madman is right. That wee woman of mine thinks I've lost the plot.:veryconfused::veryconfused::veryconfused::veryconfused::veryconfused::veryconfused::veryconfused:
Ron:cool2:.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts