World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When using bread for mullet, is it better to use the cheap stuff or the better quality stuff??

·
Registered
181 Posts
When using bread for mullet, is it better to use the cheap stuff or the better quality stuff??

Warburtons mate! :bleh:
I shouldn't think it matters that much as it all gets wet the only thing I have heard of is Anglers adding essences to the bread including Vanilla :sneaky2:

Pete

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Warburtons mate! :bleh:
I shouldn't think it matters that much as it all gets wet the only thing I have heard of is Anglers adding essences to the bread including Vanilla :sneaky2:

Pete
Cheers Pete,

The reason I ask is basically which type can survive better in water?? I have heard that the cheap brands make a good groundbait mix due to their higher oil etc content, but I wasn't to sure about the hook bait!

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I think the cheaper stuff stays on the hook better. Especially a couple of days old. Used floating crust and flake etc for Chub on the Bristol Avon and the Thames, and we used to microwave the bread for a bit first. Makes it really nice and strong on the hook.

·
Registered
72 Posts
bushy.barry dock mullet only like hovis best of both lightly buttered on one side, with the crusts cut off.

·
Registered
7,586 Posts
wow you must be rich. how can you afford a loaf of bread for fishing ?
bet your other half doesn't know what your getting up to with the housekeeping money.
last time i fished for mullet i used cheap bread.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wow you must be rich. how can you afford a loaf of bread for fishing ?
bet your other half doesn't know what your getting up to with the housekeeping money.
last time i fished for mullet i used cheap bread.
I wished mate :whistling:whistling

I have got a loaf of the cheapest tesco's bread I could get! I will give it a go tonight!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
bushy.barry dock mullet only like hovis best of both lightly buttered on one side, with the crusts cut off.
I am off down there tonight, on the right hands side mate, you are welcome to come and take the mick!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts