World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bit of a gadget but very effective. Its a little device that fixed spool useres will like as it takes the pressure off the forefinger while holding the line during the cast. Simple to operate and gives a nice, clean, snatch-free release. Had mine for a couple of years now and no signs of corrosion. Wonderful idea except for one thing - the price (£9.99). Complete and utter rip-off. I wouldn't have bothered but when I made an enquiry with a supplier I think the sales guy felt too embarassed to charge me the full price. Got it for a couple of quid. Wahay! Can I remember which shop it was? Can I ****.

Yours amnesiacically (?),

Rhod :unsure:

·
Registered
49 Posts
dont u eva find u release to late or the led slips out earlie wen power casting? what sought of distances r u casting with the breakaway?

fisherman88 <_<

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Certainly not power casting. Even if I could there&#39;s not enough room for anything other than an overhead cast at most of the marks I fish. Lead release does seem to be automatic and feels like it&#39;s slightly early, but my casts usually head in the right direction so it must be ok.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I too find the led sometime slips out earlier during casting, abit dangerous and unpredicatable, plus the bale arm sometime catches the trigger. Can&#39;t get on with it myself, I now wear a golfer&#39;s glove for power casting.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don&#39;t ever get the chance to do any sort of powerful cast (or need to). I&#39;ll give it a go off-ground soon and see if there are any problems.

Rhod.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts