World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm lucky enough to be able to fish abroad about once a year whilst on holiday, and i take a travel beach caster with me.

However, in many foreign countries you cannot buy breakaway leads but only big drilled leads. Due to weight restrictions, I can't take any with me.

I have seen a website called breakawayusa who sell a kit that can convert drilled in line leads to breakaways. Does anyone know if you can buy them over here or shall i get them shipped over?

Thanks,

Tim

·
Registered
829 Posts
[/IMG]i myself use a breakaway lead converter it looks like a normal breakaway lead but is made of PLASTIC you clip it under your weight if your strugling holding bottom these are briliant i got mine years ago from a tackle shop about 70p each i found these on ebay from
eBay My World: paigestackle( 540) .Item number: 220750898903
hope this helps i use these when the tides strong excelant item :thumbs:

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
[/IMG]i myself use a breakaway lead converter it looks like a normal breakaway lead but is made of PLASTIC you clip it under your weight if your strugling holding bottom these are briliant i got mine years ago from a tackle shop about 70p each i found these on ebay from
eBay My World: paigestackle( 540) .Item number: 220750898903
hope this helps i use these when the tides strong excelant item :thumbs:
Totally agree with you Carpman on this ...however...what you forgot to mention is that if used when weed is about you will collect more than anyone on the beach. Pete.

·
The Cod Obsessed one.
15,553 Posts
Or put your foot down and get all the fishing gear you want to take, packed first. Tell the other half that any remaining baggage allowence is then hers.

Fishing first
Familly second

1 - 6 of 6 Posts