Registered
15,743 Posts

·
Registered
22,148 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
I reckon your original version looks better than the Breakaway version Dave but i don't have the skills to knock a few of these up for myself so i'll have to settle for the breakaway version.

Cracking innovation mate - just what breakaway used to be famous for.

Cheers
Dave

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Here you go, check the link..... yes, mine are slightly different, but I contacted Norman at Breakaway, and he has produced the new ones from my original design.. I have used them, they perform very well, release better than the Geminis.

http://www.worldseafishing.com/forums/threads/improved-bait-clip-for-otg-casting.4600089/

Look on the facebook "Breakaway " site .

Dave
I've just ordered some , they better be good ;)
Oh and why did it have to be Breakaway Tackle , every time I go to their site I end up buying other gear , this time it was 4 led lights and spare batteries and it's all your fault Dave :rolleyes:

·
Registered
277 Posts
Here you go, check the link..... yes, mine are slightly different, but I contacted Norman at Breakaway, and he has produced the new ones from my original design.. I have used them, they perform very well, release better than the Geminis.

http://www.worldseafishing.com/forums/threads/improved-bait-clip-for-otg-casting.4600089/

Look on the facebook "Breakaway " site .

Dave
Great idea Dave just purchased some direct from Breakaway, what I like is they will take a 8/0 hook as the solos will only take a 4/0. Well done mate great idea.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Good looking clip, it would be handy if it could be converted to a rotten bottom rig as well just a hinge instead of the bent wire?

·
Registered
15,743 Posts
Guess you could fit the B\away escape link as a rotten bottom ;)
Possibly LG, but I cant think of a reason to need a Rotten Bottom on a impact shield , I myself would not dream of using one on rough ground just too much " stuff" to snag up on the retrieve. I would use a simple link /clip such as Lipslicker has posted beore,to keep it as simple and " bits" free as possible, but, if anybody feels the need to ,one could probably be incorporated ,it would make the business end of the rig a bit bulky though.

Dave

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.