World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#0000FF'>In my opinion every angler that owns a seat box should have one of these brilliant and innovative bits of kit. The conversion converts the seat box into a rucksack come stool with a handy back rest which is fully adjustable, with a few minor additions the conversion is just as comfortable as a rucksack, all you need to do is add some foam to the relevant area&#39;s. Optional extra&#39;s in the range include a tackle tray and two multiplier holders that attach to the lid of the box.

My only criticism is of the reel holders as the grade of rubber used is very poor and degrades within a year to 16 months, it is also prone to degradation by WD40 and as my reels are dripping with it whilst in storage the have become extremely worn.

Over all for the kit I would give a 7/10 bearing in mind the problems with the holders.
If you dont already own one and you walk long distances to fish I strongly suggest making a one off investment in this bit of kit as it is well worth the expense.</font>

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
<font color='#0000FF'>I agree with you about how good the conversion set is,i`ve had mine about 3 years and its been great,only criticism i have is that the straps keep twisting and the plastic buckles are starting to look a bit strained and will probably break eventually.Definately one to buy if you like a seatbox but have to walk any sort of distance to your marks &nbsp;
</font>

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
<font color='#000000'>Hi Folks,

While I agree with you I must add that my complaint with the system is that the metal buckles on the straps rust, the fixing screws rust and as you say the "rubbers" for the reel supports are not built to last. The metal rod which holds the lid on, although not steel is prone to corrosion, and requires wire brushing on a regular basis.

A few years ago I contacted the supplier and voiced my opinion regarding the above. They said &#39;that they would look into it&#39;. In the meantime I have replaced all the screws and the hinge rod with stainless steel. The manufacturer sent me replacement reel rubbers and a new strap, all free of charge.

My other complaint at the moment concerns the Veals Rig Wallets. In my opinion one of the best on the market - but the "Brass" Ferules are not brass. they rust and despite contacting Veals on numerous occasions during the past few years they have not changed them. I cannot understand why they persist in using the same brass coloured metal for the sake of a few pence.

Cheers

Drew</font>

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<font color='#0000FF'>Around £55.00 for the carrying bracket/backrest, the reel holders, the cam lock and the tackle tray.

If youhave a look in sea angler magazine there are a couple of adverts where you can get a box and conversion for around £60.00</font>

·
Registered
50 Posts
<font color='#000080'>I&#39;ve used the seat box conversion for about 2 years fishing on average twice a week mainly on steep shingle beaches, mine shows corrosion only on the screws. Otherwise a great piece of kit. Some high desity foam on both the backrests is a comfy touch too. &nbsp;
</font>

·
Registered
9 Posts
WELL GOT MY NEW CONVERSION KIT FOR MY SEAT BOX £35 AFTER MY CLUB DISCOUNT . ON THE BACK REST PART THAT SLIDES UP AND DOWN DOE,S THE LOCKING SCREWS EVER SLIP AS THE BACK REST SEEMS TO CARRY THE WEIGHT OF THE BOX . I WAS THINKING OF DRILLING SOME CLEARANCE HOLES IN IT FOR THE LOCKING SCREWS TO PASS THROUGH TO TAKE SOME OF THE WEIGHT . APART FROM THAT ITS SPOT ON.. :huh:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts