World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished a small club match on the BW today. Had a couple of other TSF membrs come along as well who fished at the low numbers.. WeE fished our match in the high numbers. Match was won with 4 fish (4 species) Pout, Dog, Dab, Eel. Best fish of the day a 2lb+ Sole on the outside wall peg 213. Strangest catch of the day a 50cm Ling on the outside wall peg 200 on crab. Not a Rockling of any type but a real Ling (I have a photo on my phone) never seen one of them in Kent before. Me I took a chance fished down the outside wall with big flapper rigs, fresh whole Launce & red rag for a total blank. Not one fish down the wall inside or out to any angler !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also very surprised by the number of snags both sides, lots of rig lost by others.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Fished a small club match on the BW today. Had a couple of other TSF membrs come along as well who fished at the low numbers.. WeE fished our match in the high numbers. Match was won with 4 fish (4 species) Pout, Dog, Dab, Eel. Best fish of the day a 2lb+ Sole on the outside wall peg 213. Strangest catch of the day a 50cm Ling on the outside wall peg 200 on crab. Not a Rockling of any type but a real Ling (I have a photo on my phone) never seen one of them in Kent before. Me I took a chance fished down the outside wall with big flapper rigs, fresh whole Launce & red rag for a total blank. Not one fish down the wall inside or out to any angler !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also very surprised by the number of snags both sides, lots of rig lost by others.
Nice report, shame the fish didnt come out to play in force. Why didnt you fish the knuckle end, it would have been more productive?!!
Definately a good venue for strange fish, ive seen Tadpole Fish, Topknots, Lemon Sole and a Small Stingray caught on there before. Get that Ling picture up if you can.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Nice to meet you guys out there today, fishing was'nt brilliant but the weather was, good to meet new people.:victory::victory::victory:

·
Registered
40 Posts
totally agree chris , good to meet all you other guys shame it was not more productive in the nuckle but a good day warm and dry :):):):)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts