World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Can anyone suggest a mark in Wales where bream are around now (and biting!). I have a few days off work on thurs & friday this week and fancy a go at catching a bream (a 1st!).

Have rod, will travel....so any venues/marks or advice would be gratefully received.

Do they favour any bait/tactics in particular?

Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Pwllheli holds a large number of Bream close to the shore. I have fished this mark from a boat not from the shore, but have caught plenty of fish 50 yds of the shore.

The mark is along the beach (By lobster pots) between the harbour and the Haven (Ex Butlins ) holiday camp.

Use a small hook (size 1 or 1/0) on a 2 hook patternoster. Very Small strips of mackerel seems to do the trick.

If you need more info let me know

Jim

·
Registered
11,184 Posts
pwhelli harbour channel and beach should still have bream. myself and a couple of freinds fished in this area in early june although i wasnt fishing in these exact marks we caught a dozen bream all about 2lb. my mates also had a few over the two sessions we fished there. locals also were catching them with 4 - 6 apeice, one guy had more than we did and seemed disapionted. i use rag or peeler tipped with mack on size 2 hooks, this other guy who was local used whole soft crab tipped with chunks of mack. on our second session i coppied this method with good results my freinds didnt and blanked. a few were being caught on the beach and ive since heard they are in the harbour but are small. on the beach you may need a good cast but in the channel a lub is all that is needed and the channel will fish when the beach is too rough.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts