World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed down to christchurch ledge today, sea was like a sheet of glass all day. The ebb fished well with doggies, pout, wrasse , pollack, garfish and 10 bream to 3lb 3oz :clap2: :clap2: . As the tide slowed so did the fishing, so we moved into southbourne and drifted for plaice. Very slow with no plaice but managed 2 small bass and our first mackerel of the year. All in all a brilliant day and im going out again tomorrow, tight lines :)

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Good report! interesting to see that the macky are arriving. I took one last wednesday in my boat in Luce Bay and a couple were caught off the Mull of Galloway. Cant be to long now until they come in and the Tope sport starts!

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Good report! interesting to see that the macky are arriving. I took one last wednesday in my boat in Luce Bay and a couple were caught off the Mull of Galloway. Cant be to long now until they come in and the Tope sport starts!
I was there steve we had over 50 keeper fish and as many returned with some big cockfish up to 4lb,where were you in the pack of boat's!

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
I was there steve we had over 50 keeper fish and as many returned with some big cockfish up to 4lb,where were you in the pack of boat's!

We were on the western edge of the anchored fleet and had only one small wrass. After a couple of hours we uped hook and went to another mark about 2 miles out from Southbourn rough. Loads of doggies ans some nice plaice.

Afishionado

·
Registered
381 Posts
As NC has said we had at least 50 keepers all well in size around the 2 to 3 lb bracket and some bigger didnt bother to weigh them as we was being kept busy with to rods each bloody hectic stuff and we also threw shed loads back well thats our freezers full now with great bream fillets dought we will bother with any more.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
As NC has said we had at least 50 keepers all well in size around the 2 to 3 lb bracket and some bigger didnt bother to weigh them as we was being kept busy with to rods each bloody hectic stuff and we also threw shed loads back well thats our freezers full now with great bream fillets dought we will bother with any more.
yea true rob,love the sport but gee its to hectic and when you here of people catching a few its hard to belive!!!!!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts