World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another oily calm day on Wednesday, with a haze that cut visibility to a mile. As the plaice hunt had been very dissappointing on Saturday I decided to try Bullocks for bream. The last of the ebb was running as I arrived, and the first three drops produced two pollack (don't they go on a light rod!) and my first bream of the year, of about two pounds. I thought that would be that start of a grand day. Unfortunately the tide was such a small one there was very little movement to get fish feeding, and the rest of the day only produced dogfish, pout and the occasional garfish to get the pulse racing. With a bit more tide I am sure the bream will feed now. I expect Bullocks and Boulder will look like Sainsburys car parks for the next few weekends. Lets hope tope and smoothies arrive soon to spread the interest out a bit.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Hi Nigel,
I was out and about on Weds as well. Mrs M agreed to a maiden launch for SeaMouse II and we pottered out about mid-day, bounced a few feathers out near Dean Tail then over to Culver on a sight-seeing tour. Lovely conditions, new boat, happy wife :boat:

Steve

·
Registered
12,592 Posts
Out on the 'Belle' today; SE of The Nab to pick up what measly tide there was .....

I had 5 smuts to 8 1/4 on my leetle baitcaster (fun!!) plus a 'Crufts of dogs', 2 bream from a non-bream mark + gars and mackerel (big!).

Reckon there was a dozen or so decent smuts to 10 1/2lbs.

Biggest surprise was NO RAYS!

Bigger tides should produce some good fish next week.

Ada
Here's hoping, cos I'm out with Pete on Monday, on a total Brim trip....!! Not sure if its Bullocks or Princessa, but I fancy Bullocks!

·
Registered
12,592 Posts
In the end it was Bracklesham Bay. Thirty bream to the boat, six anglers. Biggest 3lb 9oz or so. Large proportion of females, which we returned. It almost felt like a late season bream trip, so I wonder if they have been sitting there ages, just no-one fishing for them? Some of the females were dopping eggs as they were landed. Pete had caught bigger numbers the previous saturday.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Another oily calm day on Wednesday, with a haze that cut visibility to a mile. As the plaice hunt had been very dissappointing on Saturday I decided to try Bullocks for bream. The last of the ebb was running as I arrived, and the first three drops produced two pollack (don't they go on a light rod!) and my first bream of the year, of about two pounds. I thought that would be that start of a grand day. Unfortunately the tide was such a small one there was very little movement to get fish feeding, and the rest of the day only produced dogfish, pout and the occasional garfish to get the pulse racing. With a bit more tide I am sure the bream will feed now. I expect Bullocks and Boulder will look like Sainsburys car parks for the next few weekends. Lets hope tope and smoothies arrive soon to spread the interest out a bit.
Glad you had a good day out, it's about time. Don't you hate it when you catch straight away and you think your in for a cracking session, then it dies. I've heard a few reports of good numbers of bream coming out so hopefully..finger's crossed they'll be there next time!!
Arron

·
Registered
317 Posts
It does get you all excited when you get fish straight away!

Out of hay sat. Little H sun. Wey mon.

Hope for smoothies,tope and bream sat.
Bream on sun!
Poll,Ling & conger mon.

Bit more tide and bit more movment for fish to feed!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts