World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the Pollock trip was put on hold, do to the lack of them around our area.

Rob had got wind the Bream had arrived, so we decided to have a crack at them instead.

We set of around 8 ish from Yarmouth, and headed off towards Christchurch. The fishing was steady all day, with the usuall flow of dogs mixed with some cracking bream. Best went about 4lb i think.

Intotal we had around 20 between 8 of us, i managed a lovely pair, hopefully pics to follow when Rob emails them to me.

We had lovely weather, it was like a mill pond until 2 very large cruisers came flying past and spilt the beer.

Shogun is an excellent boat, and Rob offered all the help you needed, just a quick thankyou to him for an excellent day.

All in alll a very good day with the bonus of some very nice fish caught on light gear, boy do they fight hard.

T

·
0 Posts
Good job Potter!
Really glad that the Bream are in and Rob truly knows where the lunkers are!
If anyone is going to find an angler a new PB then it will be Rob.

To be honest, if big Bream are on the doorstep then why on earth would anyone be going on a tour of the Channel for Pollack anyway?

Kind of have to put my hand up to talking from my rear end in as much as I have suggested the wrecks fishing down our way are only a 50 mile run from Lymington(still a huge distance over water!), but just taken a look on a chart and they are much closer to 70 miles, which is pretty impractical if punching tide.

I am very jealous of you guys catching those stonking Bream. Hopefully I can get in amongst them this year too.
Tom

·
Registered
46 Posts
Back on the Breaming monday. Offshore tommorrow for some blondes and the like then a weekend jaunt to Cherbourg. Nice little tides so very early start and off to find some ling and eels. Focus this trip will be to spend as much time at anchor as possible.....

Will let you know how we've done next week.

Enjoy the weekend. And hope you all catch some. The weathers going to be awful....ly good! :)

Regards
Rob

P.S Have some spaces for Alderney 'Flattie' trip in May (14th - 18th) £240 per head.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts