World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spent Tuesday at Pwhelli, 300yds off the beach over rough ground, over 30 Bream ! :p Kept 3 for the table, around 1 1/2 lb each. I was testing an idea on groundbaiting, boy does it work. spent some time spinning and trolling for Bass, but nothing, one guy was fly fishing off the beach, but never saw him catch, were are the Bass ?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Shropfisher said:
Spent Tuesday at Pwhelli, 300yds off the beach over rough ground, over 30 Bream ! :p Kept 3 for the table, around 1 1/2 lb each. I was testing an idea on groundbaiting, boy does it work. spent some time spinning and trolling for Bass, but nothing, one guy was fly fishing off the beach, but never saw him catch, were are the Bass ?

well done mate sounds like a good day .....where abouts of Pwllheli were you ?

and what bait and rig......please !!

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was fishing the rough ground just out of the harbour, just look for the crab pots, You can left or right out of the harbour, rough ground either side. I anchored up, as I wanted to try ground baiting ( it works a treat ) but drifting in light wind works good too. I use a simple rig, small boom with 2 hook trace, size 4 hooks, 3 oz weight, 10ft spinning rod with fixed spool loaded with 10 lb line, trace was 8lb flouro. when you get Bream on that set up it's fantastic, and if you get 2 at a time you can here the shouts of YEEHAR!!!!! for miles.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry. forgot to add bait, in this trip it was small strips of Macky, 1 inch long tip hooked, but squid works just as well, key bit beimg small strips, too big and you get lots of rod rattles as they chew there way along, or the doggies get there first.

·
Registered
74 Posts
cheers for the info .......we are going away for a week on the 30th to paington devon ...and the mrs has let me take a rod with me..she's finaly worked out that its cheaper this way caus i always end up buying a rod and reel and some spinners when away !!

when we get back going out of Pwhelli ...as opposed to trefor we are trying to vary it abit .....they do fight some don't they :D
tight lines

1 - 5 of 5 Posts