World Sea Fishing Forums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
Ive been home week now and only just seen this. We tried everywhere for mackerel but found none. There was a huge bait shoal off Nefyn that was getting hammered by birds and mackerel jumping out of the water one evening. But it was out of casting distance. The bream are there. We fished the south end if Plwhelli beach using bits of mackerel on size 6 hooks. I had 14 one session. A couple of hours either side of high tide is best.
Hi Bill, that's a bugger about the mackerel. Did you try any of the deep rock marks down the end?

p.s. I always really enjoyed your write ups of the pirate trips (nudge nudge hint hint) :D

·
Registered
11,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Hi Bill, that's a bugger about the mackerel. Did you try any of the deep rock marks down the end?

p.s. I always really enjoyed your write ups of the pirate trips (nudge nudge hint hint) :D
Tried all the deep tidal marks but nothing. Even on Penryn Mawr [spelling] there was no sign on the rocks of any numbers of fish.

·
Registered
11,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I've been speaking to a guy on another thread that took over 20 bream from pwllheli beach last week. Still not mackerel, did have 7 bass to 2lb this morning though, so not the end of the world
We had over 30 in a couple of sessions but didnt take any

·
Registered
11,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Mackerel very hit and miss after speaking to a fair few people, I managed a couple on the evening tides but it was hard work.
I tried for tope, ended up with a few congers.
Wrasse are feeding frantically as they always do in these conditions.....few videos below of the last couple of days......if this is any help.

Very surprised the locals let you did on that beach. They use tractors on it to retrieve boats all the time

21 - 25 of 25 Posts