World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I have never caught or fished for Sea Bream and I was hoping someone out there might be able to give me a mark or two to try later in the season.

I Boat fish out of Liverpool with about a 30 mile radius.

Look forward to hearing from Anybody.

Cheers

Spartacus

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi there,

sorry i can't help with advice (never caught sea bream either - sigh) but welcome to the small (but beautifully formed i'm sure) NW section of this great site.

Ther's lots of good folks on the site who know lots of stuff about lots of stuff so I'm sure you'll have some success. :D

·
Registered
208 Posts
I don't now your area mate but to find the bream you need a small reef or wreck, use a light spinning rod with a small reel loaded with 10lb line.
As for rigs a 3 hook pat works well at slack water, with a flowing trace best in the flood. Bait up with worm and add a small slice of squid. Worm is best in sunny south wales, best to ask on here what works near you.
Great fun on light gear.

Dreaming of some summer breaming

B

·
0 Posts
Can't give info on your area but can tell you a bit about bream.They are FANTASTIC fighting fish on light tackle!Proper little tigers!
As for bait and tactics, we catch them down here (south coast) on squid strip fished on smallish hooks running ledger or fixed paternoster will do the trick.

·
Registered
961 Posts
I'd forget fishing out of liverpool for bream, if there are any they are so rare as to be not worth the time and effort.

Best bet is from the Brittania bridge (Menai straits) outward into Caernarfon bay and better still round into Cardigan bay.

If your intent on it though, try around shallow wrecks out in Liverpool bay, some may have reached this far north.

·
Registered
241 Posts
hi spartacus
a mark worth fishing is the harbour mouth at pwhelli using strips of squid dont fish it if a lot of rain has been in the area the fresh water seems to move them out another good method is using tiny okais tipped with squid the fish are lovely to eat and fight like mad on light tackle

best of luck mate :)

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Don't know about Liverpool, ever had any there but there are plenty around Caernarfon bay, We also get trigger fish swimming with the shoals here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts