World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
I'm very disappointed Reg decided for whatever reason not to answer questions from many different people. I wonder how the AT will view what is in my opinion an absolute PR disaster. Reg may have done more to put people off the AT in one fell swoop than any of his/their detractors could have hoped to have done in a month of Sundays. I hope someone comes on and answers otherwise the discontent will just grow & grow.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Are bream actually in decline? i caught and saw other people catch literately hundreds through the summer and even caught one with loads of small schoolie bass off the arm a few days after xmas, i admittedly ate my fair share of them through the summer (and very tasty they were too!) with the thinking there's soo many of them comming up it was better than taking a bass

·
Banned
8,293 Posts
Are bream actually in decline? i caught and saw other people catch literately hundreds through the summer and even caught one with loads of small schoolie bass off the arm a few days after xmas, i admittedly ate my fair share of them through the summer (and very tasty they were too!) with the thinking there's soo many of them comming up it was better than taking a bass
If you read the other threads that's what people are asking, but not getting any answers.

·
Banned
8,293 Posts
I'm very disappointed Reg decided for whatever reason not to answer questions from many different people. I wonder how the AT will view what is in my opinion an absolute PR disaster. Reg may have done more to put people off the AT in one fell swoop than any of his/their detractors could have hoped to have done in a month of Sundays. I hope someone comes on and answers otherwise the discontent will just grow & grow.
Never mind, you in Sussex have this to look forward to.

The New All Sussex Shore Championship 2014.

But as long as you are a member of the AT.

·
I'M PROBABLY SICK OF IT
13,642 Posts
Hi Dutch, thats not how i read it , the "all new sussex comp " is open to all anglers , AT member or not INITIALLY , should you qualify from the heats, further participation would mean that you would need to become a member of the AT , their comp , their rules i guess . You could see this as a membership drive as such i suppose but whats wrong with that ? The Sussex angler has a choice and will no doubt "vote "with his feet .

·
Banned
8,293 Posts
Hi Dutch, thats not how i read it , the "all new sussex comp " is open to all anglers , AT member or not INITIALLY , should you qualify from the heats, further participation would mean that you would need to become a member of the AT , their comp , their rules i guess . You could see this as a membership drive as such i suppose but whats wrong with that ? The Sussex angler has a choice and will no doubt "vote "with his feet .
Sorry, yes you are right, once you have paid and if you win your heat, or are a in the first 15 you have to be a member to proceed further.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Folks. Keep it on topic - we're hoping someone from AT will come in here and answer Drenai's queries.

·
Registered
611 Posts
how many more times is this gonna go round,no ones gonna answer any questions because they dont know the answers,they just want to be seen to be doing something,its just turning into another slagging match,think we all need to grow up a bit.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Think the mods should close all these bream and kingsmere threads until there has been contact made with an AT Representative. it would stop all the arguments!

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Think the mods should close all these bream and kingsmere threads until there has been contact made with an AT Representative. it would stop all the arguments!
I suspect there isn't a rep that uses the board or willing to comment. Reg has pointed out he is not an official rep for the AT although he is an active member and gets loads of stick from those of us that thought he was a rep.

While on the topic
Reg I would like to point out that my posts often seem like direct hits at you. They are not nor even have intended to be the case & IMO you must have a very thick hide for some of the grief that is aimed your way.

·
Registered
7,674 Posts
I suspect there isn't a rep that uses the board or willing to comment. Reg has pointed out he is not an official rep for the AT although he is an active member and gets loads of stick from those of us that thought he was a rep.

While on the topic
Reg I would like to point out that my posts often seem like direct hits at you. They are not nor even have intended to be the case & IMO you must have a very thick hide for some of the grief that is aimed your way.
No worries Drenai, if it ends in a united Sussex it will be worth all the hassle.

·
I'M PROBABLY SICK OF IT
13,642 Posts

While on the topic
good post , i too suspect we do not have any reps of either the AT , any IFCA org or any other angling related organisation on WSF , we have members of such , some that are very active and are up to speed on what "their " org is up to , others , though members , possibly not . If we do have any "reps" they are keeping very quiet or choose not to get involved . I also suspect various organisations watch and take on board opinions expressed on sites such as this one . I stand to be corrected of course .

·
Banned
8,125 Posts
good post , i too suspect we do not have any reps of either the AT , any IFCA org or any other angling related organisation on WSF , we have members of such , some that are very active and are up to speed on what "their " org is up to , others , though members , possibly not . If we do have any "reps" they are keeping very quiet or choose not to get involved . I also suspect various organisations watch and take on board opinions expressed on sites such as this one . I stand to be corrected of course .
I am chuckling at Reg suddenly being Joe Average member despite cropping up all over the countryside relating to the AT, "of the AT", or thanking people "on behalf of the AT".....:g:

Anyhoo, a dude posts on here, or did, a tad insulting, but he did post......as Sussex Angling, someone suggested that he was the Big Kahuna himself of ATSMR, who knows.

I have no idea why he will not answer questions from Sussex Anglers, or anyone else come to think of it, sure is a pretty novel recruitment technique for anyone selling themselves on the back of claiming to listen to and act upon anglers concerns, I may be wrong but I would guess that WSF is the biggest regular gathering place of UK RSA anywhere.....:unsure:

·
Registered
21,123 Posts
BIG SNIP.
I may be wrong but I would guess that WSF is the biggest regular gathering place of UK RSA anywhere.....:unsure:[/QUOTE]

:clap3: IMHO I think the majority on here will strongly agree with you. :clap3:

·
Registered
7,674 Posts
Not so Sammy,

Nothing will stop the childish comments and back stabbing remarks, that is why I do not respond to their questioning.

Gods knows what the EA, MMO, IFCAs, CEFAS, DEFRA thinks about anglers when they come on here and read all this. They must think Christmas has come early and angling fragmentation is complete, bring on the restrictions.

·
Banned
2,693 Posts

Nice one but the impression you get is that reg knows whats going on and was happy to reply to the posts telling people what needed to be done..the impression I got he was the OP of the first save the bream post but just lost the plot as it did not go the way he wanted. ? Is or is he not a star of the video posted or yet again have I got it wrong....
maybeif the AT are not willing to come on here and take the hits then they do not deserve RSA support..
ps.would not like to be the AT rep for Somerset at the mo.

·
Registered
7,674 Posts
We have reps from the AT that view WSF and they are shocked by some of the evil comments and often ask me why I bother.

We have reps from at least the Sussex region of the EA and they have similar views, again asking me why I bother.

Have you ever wondered why, when a post about someone catching a sea trout at a known venue, results in a visit from the EA the next day.

We have had, in the past at least, a rep from the MMO viewing WSF

We also have reps from the Sussex IFCA viewing and posting on WSF

I am sure the list goes on and on.

·
Banned
8,125 Posts
Not so Sammy,

Nothing will stop the childish comments and back stabbing remarks, that is why I do not respond to their questioning.

Gods knows what the EA, MMO, IFCAs, CEFAS, DEFRA thinks about anglers when they come on here and read all this. They must think Christmas has come early and angling fragmentation is complete, bring on the restrictions.
Hi Reg,

I suspect that all of the above will indeed think that Christmas has come early, what with the ATSMR making haunting statements like this in the public domain......

Ps....could you clarify whether or not Sussex Angling is Tim MacPherson, one of the ATs representatives in Sussex?

Originally Posted by Sussex Angling
The Angling Trust is putting pressure on, and working with, the Sussex IFCA to create a sensible management plan which will be agreed by all marine users.

If stopping all trawling in an MCZ's means that anglers have to put up with same restrictions then it may be a price worth paying - we don't own the seas any more that anyone else. We don't have a divine right to go fishing.

Black Bream stocks need a proper management plan all along the coast and not just within their identified breeding grounds.

The Kingmere MCZ is a good focus for this campaign because the local IFCA has to introduce some sort of management plan for that area - so we would like to see it expanded to encompass the entire area.

·
I'M PROBABLY SICK OF IT
13,642 Posts
We have reps from the AT that view WSF and they are shocked by some of the evil comments and often ask me why I bother.

We have reps from at least the Sussex region of the EA and they have similar views, again asking me why I bother.

Have you ever wondered why, when a post about someone catching a sea trout at a known venue, results in a visit from the EA the next day.

We have had, in the past at least, a rep from the MMO viewing WSF

We also have reps from the Sussex IFCA viewing and posting on WSF

I am sure the list goes on and on.
thanks for that Reg , i have no doubt reps are as i said, at least watching wsf as are "the antis" god knows there are more lurkers than posters by a long way as on every other forum , their presence might help allay some fears and correct some misinformed beliefs posted in all faith at best , i can understand if they got abuse or attacked for their posts /opinions they would soon back away as would any other poster on here without the regulation elephant hide skin! I will keep a look out for these reps lol in the odd occasions that i visit political threads due to a limited knowledge in the general field of such matters , what goes on in sussex would surely visit dorset too so yes , i am interested . regards john

1 - 20 of 106 Posts