World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a bash at Brean Down today, Chesney Hawkes and a old friend Dave who's done a lot of charter boat fishing but not a lot of shore fishing came with me. Chesney had a small strap first cast and then no-one had nothing till the start of the flood when i had a small strap..............

i missed a few bites and then had this thornie about 7lb......

A very quiet day really 2 straps and 1 ray to 6 rods, bait was frozen crab, squid and macky. Was hoping to get a few to encourage Dave into the tackle shop to kit himself out but thats fishing.
Dave on the mark.....

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Had a bash at Brean Down today, Chesney Hawkes and a old friend Dave who's done a lot of charter boat fishing but not a lot of shore fishing came with me. Chesney had a small strap first cast and then no-one had nothing till the start of the flood when i had a small strap..............
i missed a few bites and then had this thornie about 7lb......
A very quiet day really 2 straps and 1 ray to 6 rods, bait was frozen crab, squid and macky. Was hoping to get a few to encourage Dave into the tackle shop to kit himself out but thats fishing.
Dave on the mark.....

Nice thornie stu,ours have gone quiet now,so its time to go for the s/eyes if they decide to come in this year.Aj.:fishing1::thumbs:
p.s.can't make out the rig there but it seems long.

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
3ft pulley to keep the bait well away from the lead, did you also notice the thorns on the underside of the ray? 2nd ray i've had now like that and both from exactly the same spot:unsure:

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
3ft pulley to keep the bait well away from the lead, did you also notice the thorns on the underside of the ray? 2nd ray i've had now like that and both from exactly the same spot:unsure:
It maybe the same fish,it looks more than 3ft from swivel to lead.Aj.

·
Registered
28 Posts
At least you had a few fish,well done ,better than i did further up the channel today,not even a nibble, too much rain water can kill it up here.

Attachments

·
Power to the peaceful
2,160 Posts
T-shirt...jeans...boots and shades.......!!!!!!!

you only live up the road........
how do you get away with that.......?

You have to be dressed up like Nanook of the North down here this summer...
and thats if your brave enough to venture out........

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
nicefish matey.looks like it was nice weather up there?

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not to bad offy had some bright spells although the wind was a pain at times, supposed to be sw an it was more like nw.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts