World Sea Fishing Forums banner

brean sands/down

1K views 25 replies 11 participants last post by  Ginge 
#1 ·
hi all,
staying at the above easter week,is brean down the local beech?
any way,grateful for any advice on fishing there and expected sport
cheers andy.

#3 ·
brean downs is one hell of a walk mate first you have to climb 300+ steps then you got a 20 minute walk across a hill to get to the down but once there the fishing is supoosed to be good. brean beach ive fished a few times and blanked every time 7 rods in the water and not a bite between us. a short trip into burnham would be a nice easy session they fish of the steps there and seem to be catching or you could ake a short drive up the m5 and fish clevedon pier or ladye bay, ladye bay would be my prevered choice hope this helps

wilba

p.s if u give woodster a pm he will be able to give u a update catch report he's a top bloke i met him there and fished with him last time i was down

#5 ·
never fished there,but for a short drive up the m5 you could fish sand point.it's as rough as steven wood without the makeup,but does throw up some big fish:)

#7 ·
wilba,cheers m8,tipper,reply sent:clap3:
alan,is anything as rough as steve wood?:) you down sat?

dunno,but brand as a drowned clown comes pretty close.is steve going saturday as it will seem odd him being sober and dressed like a bloke:blink:
it's nearly a definate for saturday,just trying to make sure there's no nasty little surprises lurking round the corner before i commit fully:blink:

#9 ·
Andy,

Depends on where you are going to fish if its the beach or the Down itself. Do not know whats been caught of late. If you would like a a breakdown of tactics for the beach I will kindly PM you.

Woodster

PS Anybody fancy meeting up on Sat 14th April at Brean Down?

#11 ·
Andy,

Depends on where you are going to fish if its the beach or the Down itself. Do not know whats been caught of late. If you would like a a breakdown of tactics for the beach I will kindly PM you.

Woodster

PS Anybody fancy meeting up on Sat 15th April at Brean Down?
Woodster,

Live near the Down, but never ventured out there, wouldnt mind joining you on the 15th mate?

Ben

#16 ·
Firkin heck KTM your stirring up a Hornets nest!

Homer Simpson will be on in a minute along with the SGT!

'Don't push me' (Rambo - circa 1980's) Avatars spring to mind.

I could have killed 'em all, I could kill you. In town you're the law, out here it's me. Don't push it. Don't push it or I'll give you a war

:help: :crazy:

I aint applying, Ginge rules ok. :notworthy

#20 ·
I should report this post to the MODS / ADMINS as this has gone off topic, and i didn't start it (this time):eek:fftopic:

However I'll finish it!

jesus guys,you telling me ive got to take rocket launchers to this place?
Andy, it's not that bad as he's swapped his SAM's for a Warbird!

Just remember, one man rules, a ginger haired rambo lookalike from Turkmenistan.:blink:

(KTM, loving it)

#23 ·
Dear all,

Dabhandaz (non posting forum member) has told me that a few rays and congers are being landed at Brean Down. He's going down this weekend to fish, so hopefully will let you all know whats being caught?

Woodster

#24 ·
were looking. ginge.. im looking to fish a few channel marks this year,

will you give me a few pointers...

is the spring run happening??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.